mactube

Connection Problem , Job sent but SC Plotter doesn't react

2 hours ago, haumana said:

If you had to reinstall the software, then some of the setting may have reverted back to something else. Most software will show you a preview of what it's going to cut, and the starting corner. If the preview looks correct, then double check your point of origin. If the preview doesn't look correct, then see what settings there are in the software to possibly adjust starting point, and/or rotation, etc.

Nice @haumana !! Thats probably it ! I will find out about that. Thank you 

There are two options ---  WYSIWYG (Absolute Positioning) and "Origin" (starting point of cut). Rarely will you require WYSIWYG.

Sounds like you have the cutter working, finally. Congrats.

10 hours ago, mactube said:

Yes, On ORIGIN I move the blade to the corner of the vinyl ( that's who I also use to do it) but then when the cutter starts cutting, it will not start cutting where it supposed to start. 

Once you move the blade around you typically see the X & Y values change as you move. You need to zero that back out once you get it to the start point that you want it to be. Otherwise it still has the other origin point set and will start from the old one. I don't know your cutter to know how to reset the zero point but it will be there somewhere. 

"I don't know your cutter to know how to reset the zero point but it will be there somewhere."

Probably the button that says "Reset"  ^_^

what does the control panel on your cutter look like?

Happy End !

So I haven’t been on here for a while because the connectivity problem with my cutter became kind of frustrating after all these weeks of trying, buying , switching ,testing researching and talking to tech support! 

Since I fund out that it really must have been the software which then later ( after reinstalling ) changed the way I had to set the cutter up. ( @slice&dice @Wildgoose @haumana  the origin was set to the starting point where it was suppose to start.. not WYSIWYG . 

The end of the story was that I had set it to current and confirm it by pressing enter. And it would start cutting later I still experienced connection problems, which could have been a result of me  using the Mac with the usb and not windows with the serial or lite Keyspan adapter, then when I got frustrated and left the cutter alone It would work a day later when the cutter is turned back on and the Mac was restarted and reconnected. ( No when I just restarted the computer and cutter shortly after though!)

So I would say I never really found the real problem but would classify this as a “ Bug” 

I would like to thank everybody who participated here in this discussion and hope whoever has the same problem will dig this up and find this helpful. 

Stay healthy and stay cutting edge ! 

Fingers crossed that everything keeps on working for you and you can get some serious mileage out of the setup!

Mahalo for sticking with us, and for the updates.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:03 AM, haumana said:

Fingers crossed that everything keeps on working for you and you can get some serious mileage out of the setup!

Mahalo for sticking with us, and for the updates.

Thank you ! Hopefully this thread will help somebody with the same problem and drive him crazy like it did me...

I think the may take away is to check ( delete and reinstall ) the software first and maybe try out different software, then try different connections options  serial cable / tripple lite adapter etc. before exchanging I/o and mainboard or internal cables ! 

• Like 1