mactube

Connection Problem , Job sent but SC Plotter doesn't react

now that you have a keyspan, have you tried changing to a different USB cable? I had cable go bad on my cutter, and it was the last thing I checked <_<

I have tried 3 different USB cables I haven't tried the keyspan and serial cable again, because I used an new I/O board so it a appears, that the connectivity problem is not within those components. I'm using 2 different ports on may laptop also to make sure its not the computers outlet. 

Did one of your internal cables ( harness ) go bad inside the cutter ?? 

Are there any settings within the operation settings I can check ? 

Time is money.

For under $50 you would have been able to order a DELL laptop and quit messing around with a mac.

I have another component that can be weeded out...

I have downloaded Sure Cuts Pro on a Windows Laptop and get the same error msg, which is that "the data has Benn send to the cutter" , but nothing is moving.

The complete chain of components I have replaced:

Computer - Software - USB  Cable - I/O Board- Main Board 

Since there aren't anymore components in-between the the signal and the blade/motor ( which is not defective because it moves when I move it manually with the buttons) I till have to be a cable thats defective !? 

@haumana which cable did you replace before ? 

2 hours ago, mactube said:

@haumana which cable did you replace before ? 

I've had to replace the USB cable and a keyspan before, but not at the same time.

How long is the cable you're using? Is the cutter plugged into a hub, or direct? If a hub, make sure that it's a powered hub, and not a passive one (with no power source).

On the windows computer you have now, try downloading SignBlazer Elements and see if that can get it to cut.

Is the software giving you an error message, or does it appear that the job got sent completely?

• Like 1

OK, at least we're headed in the right direction (somewhat).

When I got my SC2 cutter, it had a bizarre twist/glitch that would allow data to feed from the program to the cutter, and the cutter did not respond (start to cut) until ALL the design was transferred. At the standard 9600 Baud, this took a while, so I just cranked the Baud to MAX 256,000 and that permitted the data to speed up and complete quicker, and the cutter would then kick into action.

To this day, that is how I cut with the SC2, and I just live with it.

Once you've got SignBlazer installed, here is what I would do --- in cutter setup, there's an option for Com Settings (DIRECT) and that's where the Baud Rate is adjusted. It's worth a shot, can't hurt.

P.S. --- in SignBlazer, your cutter is LiYu model.

@haumana I have used 3 different USB cables with different lengths from short to long. 

When I'm using the Windows laptop, I don't have to use a converter or hub, it goes straight from the cutter into the Laptop USB port.

I only used the Windows Computer with the Sure Cut Pro software. 

I was on the phone with an US Cutter Tech supporter today and he tested some more connections, one text actually got accepted like it did before, but only one time and thats it.. 

There is never really an error message it just says  that the data was sent to the cutter. ( but nothing moves).

@slice@dice I downloaded sign cut pro before and that didn't eliminate the problem... sure I will try sign blaze too and test it, since I don't want to leave out any options. 

Do you know where I can download it? 

After that, my last hope are new cables. I'm waiting for the US Cutter rep to send me option for cables, but they might not have any .... but they may be available on other computer supply sides, since all stores are still closed in California ( of cause it would be better to compare the connectors side by side) 

There are just no more components left what can cause the error !?

a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter  (that is the brand name) and your null modem cable would be your best connection.   The USB connection is not a True USB like higher end cutters. Those value cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them.  The Trippilite Keyspan Adapter makes the connection more like True USB.   And you should use a shorter cable.  I have a Graphtec and I went to a longer cable, and my cutter just stopped. I stay at 12ft. 

1 hour ago, mactube said:

Do you know where I can download it?

it is free. Download it here:

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

When you install it, your anti-virus might flag it, however, as long as you download the file from USC, it is virus free. The software has been tweaked to remove the trial time out, because the software designer passed away a few years back. It is safe to install and use, as long as it was acquired from USC.

Update :  

Just to eliminate all possibilities, I wanted to talk the advice given here and try the Sign Blazer Software and the Sure Cuts Pro again with a 3rd computer. 

So I usted a newer model Windos 10 Laptop and installed both softwares. Since I'm not to familiar with the Sign Blazer I don't now if all the settings where right, still just by hooking it up 

with the short USB and also Trip Lite Keyspan, I have been recommended here. 

The results where :

-  Cutting Data was sent to the cutting machine , but now motor/blade movement 

- Can not open the output device / Which was probably a connectivity problem between Sign Blazer and the Serial port

..... as seen in the screenshots 

I will reinstall the Mother Board and I/O board to send them back and will have to wait until Computer stores open up again, to buy the internal data and ribbon cables, which can be the only thinks left that haven't been tested. 

14.JPG

13.JPG

11.JPG

go into Control Panel > Device Manager > COM & PORT

Take a look and see what the port number was assigned to your cutter, then go back into SBE and change the Port number the what was assigned to the cutter. Leaving it on auto gets intermittent communication at times. Give that go, and we will tackle the next issue.

@haumana  thank you for bearing with me and giving me advice! 

... but it's to late I had a friend of mine come with the laptop and installed the software.  Now since I tried it also with sure cuts pro  usb and serial connection 

I'm almost certain, that the software or the actually connection wasn't the problem. 

Since that was the 3 computer ( I also tried another software with the Mac before) and I never got the blade to move) 

It has to be something else ! 

@darcshadow yes connection can be tested in the Sure Cuts Pro Software before actually cutting. It will only give you an error msg. when the cutter is not connected right per usb or serial cable, other wise it will just don't do anything after clicking TEST. 

The test if the motor / and rest of the mother board works is by moving the blade manually from the display / buttons on the machine. 

I’m really out of ideas right now… 

Just got my new ribbon cable which is the connection from the I/O board to the main board, and the Cutter is till not cutting… no movement what so ever. 

Ever component from the Computer all the way to the / and including the main board has been exchanged and still no movement of the blade. 

… Clueless 

I want to see what SignBlazer's cutter/com settings look like. Can you show us a screenshot?

@slice&dice I'm currently trying to get a access which lets me install the SignBlazer software  or  a windows computer which accepts the SignCut diver. 

The windows laptop ( usually using a Mac) doesn’t let me do either one. .. whipped it all clean and installed Windows 7 new. 

I will be back on here as soon as I got it done.  

Is there any reliable source for SignBlazer  download ? 

Yes, thank yo @MZ SKEETER the problem is the following ( as on the screen shots) 

The Norton Antivirus software detects a trojan from that source and don’t even let me download it fully.

When I download it with the Mac and drag it over from the USB stick to the Windows computer it will say

error.JPG

Turn off the antivirus.  There is nothing wrong with the software. It has a patch, because an activation is no longer required.  Turn it off, until the software is fully installed.  This is abandonware with a hack.  Hundreds of people have downloaded this.  It has been mentioned many, many times on the forum that you need to turn  off antivirus first.  

In the mean time ( persistently ) I switched out cables , computers , software again .. reinstalled Sure Cuts Pro 3  … and guess what… the 

Cutter startet cutting!! After weeks of testing, switching out components and working with you guys and US Cutter Tech support  …  but not like before :

just sending a cut job to the printer. 

Now: I have to send the job to the printer and when it says Cutting data was sent to the cutter still nothing happens like before ( which was basically the main problem and subject of this post ) , I will first have to position the blade   manually with the buttons on the control panel and then when the job was sent press enter on the control panel thats when the cutter starts cutting. 

The problem is when I position the vinyl into the cutter and the blade into the corner of the vinyl like I always did, the blade will start the cutting job somewhere else, sometimes not even on the vinyl. 

Are you pushing the ORIGIN button, before you send the cut?  You must, that is where the design measures from. 

I have a Graphtec and I cut very large designs. My cutter and vinyl may travel 4 ft before it starts cutting.  It starts cutting where the design was first designed at. But it comes back to the front and finishes the whole job. 

26 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you pushing the ORIGIN button, before you send the cut?  You must, that is where the design measures from. 

I have a Graphtec and I cut very large designs. My cutter and vinyl may travel 4 ft before it starts cutting.  It starts cutting where the design was first designed at. But it comes back to the front and finishes the whole job. 

Yes, On ORIGIN I move the blade to the corner of the vinyl ( that's who I also use to do it) but then when the cutter starts cutting, it will not start cutting where it supposed to start. 

If you had to reinstall the software, then some of the setting may have reverted back to something else. Most software will show you a preview of what it's going to cut, and the starting corner. If the preview looks correct, then double check your point of origin. If the preview doesn't look correct, then see what settings there are in the software to possibly adjust starting point, and/or rotation, etc.