LaDawn

vinyl shifts during cutting

I am attempting to cut 150 inches long by 6 inches wide on my new US Cutter MH871-MK2. it starts shifting to the left after cutting about 5 inches. Do
Does anyone happen to have any suggestions? I am cutting from VinylMaster Cut V4.2 I would greatly appreciate any help.

space the pinch rollers equally from each side, give it about an inch or so from the edges. if you're cutting from a roll, make sure that you have enough slack so the machine isn't pulling it, under tension, directly from the roll. once you have the vinyl loaded, try jogging it back and forth and see what kind of drift you're getting before you start to actually cut. make sure you have your blade depth and force setup correctly.

• Like 1

Ahhhh, another typical case of the (well-publicized here) MH model's lack of tracking accuracy!

150 inches is more than the specifications on that machine clearly say --

Max Cutting Length

96 in

Anyway, I suggest this ---  turn each of the knurled screws on the three pressure roller springs, but don't tighten them much, maybe a half-turn down force. I had an MH years ago, and that worked for me to correct some of the 'drift' but it never was 100% for long feeds, and I always had to allow for maybe an inch or so of shift (even if I had the vinyl pre-fed from the roll and it tracked fine when manually setting the alignment, once cutting it would still creep over a bit, so my designs which extended beyond 8 feet had to allow for that inevitable movement, and I would only utilize 22" on a 24" material).

• Like 1

Thanks, I changed it to 66 inches but it is still off a bit.  I will continue to play with it.

how much is "a bit" at 66" long, if the bit is less than a 1/4" you're doing good.

• Like 2