Sir Naggedalot

Minimum amount of movement

Hello, I hope this message finds you all well, in these troubled times. 

I'm producing some a4 size viynl posters with a sharpie on my mh721 using flexisign.

I've vectored the bitmap using the centre line option and it looks pretty good for what I need but despite setting the optimze cutting order distance to 0.5cm in the cut/plot window, the plot is still slower than I think it could be as the plotter is tracking over itself. 

Any advice on how to speed it up without increasing the speed of the plotter from 120mm/s I'd be grateful to hear from you. 

Kindest Regards and Best wishes for the future, to one and all. 

com cor19 pos.fs

I have a subscription to flexi but it's not currently on and I'm not wonderful with it but I think the answer you need is probably in this section that I found on a search. The info on the top right paragraph should be the way to determine what gets cut. Sounds like if it's not selected then it will cut in the order it was created. But if selected will cut a section then move to the next. You will probably need to experiment a little to figure out what works. Good luck and maybe someone will happen along who knows for sure. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 7.38.14 AM.png

• Like 1

You say you vectorized the design? It's all text, it would turn out much cleaner if you simply retyped it all. That might also improve the path taken by the plotter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

You say you vectorized the design? It's all text, it would turn out much cleaner if you simply retyped it all. That might also improve the path taken by the plotter.

Agree 100%.

• Like 3

Don't bother vectorizing text, it just adds all kinds of unnecessary nodes, and sometimes does not cut (or plot) as cleanly.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2020 at 1:42 PM, Wildgoose said:

I have a subscription to flexi but it's not currently on and I'm not wonderful with it but I think the answer you need is probably in this section that I found on a search. The info on the top right paragraph should be the way to determine what gets cut. Sounds like if it's not selected then it will cut in the order it was created. But if selected will cut a section then move to the next. You will probably need to experiment a little to figure out what works. Good luck and maybe someone will happen along who knows for sure. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 7.38.14 AM.png

Thanks for the input/advice. I tried this option at its lowest setting , I does limit the movement slightly,but hasn't stopped the random selection issue I've been encountering.

I agree that it would be cleaner to type rather than vectorise ,but I wonted it to be the exact  format that we have been using in our local group and I was only supplied a jpeg.

I've had this issue with .svg files that have only been composed using text and the real issue comes when Ive tried cutting reverse graffiti stencils out of window film as the wide movement ranges cause some of the cuts to lift, which then fouls the blade holder as it makes its numerous passes.

I used to use sign blazer,this had a option to limit the carriage movement and materiel movement.

Maybe I'll have to dig it out and use this for difficult to cut materials.

Thanks everyone for all your time and help,its very much appreciated.

Onwards and upwards,fellow beings! 

On 3/31/2020 at 3:18 AM, Sir Naggedalot said:

I agree that it would be cleaner to type rather than vectorise ,but I wonted it to be the exact  format that we have been using in our local group and I was only supplied a jpeg.

I often get requests like that. If I can identify the font, then I will import the .jpg into SB, then type the text and shrink/stretch, adjust the kerning, and bold if necessary. It's a little more work, but in the end I get a much, much cleaner result. It's also a way for me to scale things - my clients will take a picture of a car door and give me at least one dim so I can scale it and then create what they want. It also makes for a very nick mock-up :D  I do explain that if they take a crappy picture, or give me the wrong dim, than errors will fall upon them.

• Like 3