Guest Jimmy Hines

Editing specific text in a logo using vinylmaster

Guest Jimmy Hines

I have a project that I need to edite one line of the text that is too thin for weeding after cutting on my cutter. Can anyone tell how to select that part of the design so I can edite the text to make it thicker

Any help will be appreciated. 

Jimmy you will have a better experience if you sign in to the forum. As it is a moderator has to approve each of your posts since you are a guest. Thank you. 

• Like 1

First you have to determine if the text is even editable. If so, then selecting the text tool should do it.

• Like 1

In VinylMaster, you can add a Stroke to either Editable Text OR Text that has been Converted to Curves. ( any Object really )

After adding a Stroke with the 'Outline Module'  Weld the Text to the Stroke together for added thickness.

As far as Selecting just that Line of Text to add the Stroke to;

Depends on whether its been Welded to other Objects or is still separate.

Worst Case; You may have to Duplicate the Line and Thicken that one and Delete (Replace ) the Original with it.

• Like 1

Hello folk, I have a logo that I'm having a little problem with . I vectorize it in vinylmaster but when I weeded it out after cutting it put on my Sc cutter one section of the lettering was real thin and I wanted to give it a thicker stroke or maybe even using a different text all together. Can anyone help me with this. I've tried ungrouping the design and then tried to select just that part but for some reason I can't seem to select it to edit it.

I merged this thread, since it's the same OP asking the same question.

Jimmie - thank you for taking the time to sign up to be forum member, I encourage to be patient when posting a question, rather than re-post it with a different title. The forum is comprised of volunteers who try to get the questions answered as quickly as we possibly can, but there are times that it just takes time, and someone who might have the answer to check the forum and get back to you.

Ungrouping may not be enough. You might need to break apart the design. I'm not sure how or if this is possible in VM. Inkscape would be my go to for something like this. Can you post an image of the design, might help with offering suggestions.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.