Jack Coletti

Spooler Rotation after 4.2 Update

Hi Folks,

After updating to v4.2 (CUT), the vinyl spooler rotates my cut file in the preview window and on the cut.  If I click the rotate checkbox in the spooler, it does rotate 90 degrees - but then it is upside down.  My workaround is to simply leave the rotate box checked - and to just accept the fact that everything cuts upside down now.  I saw the discussions about the "Change Rotation" setting in the spooler - and also the discussion about the Cutter Settings "Origin Mode".  Neither of these things solves the problem.  Could anyone advise on how to return this function to the way it was before the update?

Thanks!

aatemp.JPG

aatemp2.JPG

Not sure I really understand what your saying.  You have 24" wide vinyl and your trying to cut designs that are 25.934 wide.  It won't work. It is putting the designs in the direction that will work.   How do you expect to cut a 25.934" wide design on 24" wide vinyl?  Or what am I missing here?   Do you have 28" wide vinyl that your using? 

What do you mean upside down? There's no real up or down with vinyl cutters. It's just a matter of how you look at it.

OK, here's what I am saying. 

- I am cutting 24" roll material.

Before the update,  I did not have to click the rotate button if I was cutting something that was say 20" tall by 48" wide.  The cut spooler always oriented the cut with the roll height (24") as being the Y axis (or height) of my cut. All of the cutting software that I have ever used has this as the default orientation. Please see the attached images.  One is marked 'before 4.2 update' - and the other is marker 'after..' Notice that they both have the "Rotate" checkbox UNCHECKED - and yet the 'After 4.2 Update" image shows the cut file rotated 90 degrees.  In my previous post, I show what happens if I click the rotate box.  When I click the rotate box, the cut file does indeed rotate - but now it is upside down (compared to the way it always used to be before the update and WITHOUT the rotate checkbox checked).  Of course, I realize that having it be upside down is not a serious issue because, as you say, it doesn't really matter. 

The issue of having to keep the "rotate" checkbox checked by default in order for it to NOT be rotated - and also the other issue of having the now rotated cutfile be upside down (compared to the way it used to be) - are both just a nuisance.  However, even though I can still cut my vinyl,  I sure would like to have the spooler acting the way it should - and always has until now.

Thanks!

aa-Original.jpg

aa-after-update.jpg

I don't know what you are expecting a user to user forum, to do to your software update.  Then go back before the update. Back to default settings. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Coletti said:

I suppose that I was hoping (not expecting) that someone has had a similar experience and solved it.  Thanks very much for your time and input.

Contact Vinyl Master tech support, that is your best bet. 

Sounds like you were relying on the software to detect that your design is too big. Personally I try never to rely on software to detect things like that and always layout my design as I want it cut.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

... Personally I try never to rely on software to detect things like that and always layout my design as I want it cut.

Same here. The less things I need to click when I send the job to cut, the better. I also don't update unless absolutely necessary, because if it ain't broke, I'm not about to an update ruin my workflow.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.