OOS Designs

Miscut shapes,letters,numbers

having issues when cutting.  my letters, shapes, numbers etc. come out badly shaped, jagged, not complete etc.

tried adjusting calibration but I cant seem to fix it

sign master cut

No mention of which vinyl cutter, on what operating system? How is the cutter connected USB or Serial?   How did you set your blade depth? blade offset? Force? Speed?   With out you providing info. We cannot provide help.  Too much missing info. Are you entering the text right into the software, or are these traced designs from somewhere?   All cutters have to be set up and fine tuned to cut correctly. They are not plug and play. Is this a new cutter to you?  Have you ever set up a vinyl cutter and and ran it before? 

noob error.  Vevor KH-720    sign master cut   USB connection   Offset 0.35   Overcut 0.40  speed 150-200  force 90    Blade depth is prob the only thing I haven't adjusted on the program     just normal tightened it (wasn't too sure how much gap to leave or if any needed)    thanks for the feedback!!!!!

A Vevor is pretty close to the MH vinyl cutter series sold here.    You have to start with setting the blade correctly first, or all of the other settings won't even work.  Here is how to set the blade depth correctly.   Start with blade offset at 0.25mm plus or minus 0.05 to get it right. Cut slow.  Overcut 0.10

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Thanks 1

You should have a test feature on your vinyl cutter. Adjust your settings to it. That is what the TEST is for.    The squares should be square.  it looks like too much blade, make sure you haven't broken the blade tip off. 

• Like 1

if your vinyl is on a roll, make sure you pull enough slack so that the cutter can do your whole job without any tension from pulling it directly from the roll.

• Like 1

I managed to fix the lettering problem by adjusting the speed and the blade depth.  

thanks for that!

however for some reason,  about 3in of the left side of my decal doesn’t get cut deep enough. The whole vinyl gets cut and the design looks straight, just that left side hasn’t gotten cut right.  Tried doing two passes and still same result.   What could that be?   I appreciate all the responses, hope I can help out one day as well!

Are you sure that all of the wheels of the carriage head are firmly down in the rail?  They may come out during shipping.   Try adding more force, not passes. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.