dvddvd

Which software do I buy?

Hi I'm going to buy a Liyu TC631 and dont have any software at the moment.

I want to be able to manipulate images jpegs etc and vectorize them and make them into stencils and also make stickers and signs etc in vinyl.

At present I only have photoshop.

I had a play with vectormagic which was great but a bit out of my price range at the moment.

So which is the best /easiest software to get/buy ?

I would like to get one from the offset that I'll love...thanks

I would say no one program can cover everything perfectly.  The more "tools" you have in your toolbox, the more options you have.

I regularly use CorelDraw for layouts, flyers, vectors and so forth.  But for photo editing I prefer Photoshop over Corel's

PhotoPaint.  And for brochures InDesign is ideal.  Publisher is good for newsletters....but has no graphic editing.

So, plan on eventually having several programs to cover all you do.  Start with one that covers most of your needs and  

learn it well.

Hi thanks I'm a total beginner so want something that is easy to start with and something that will do what I want from the offset.

The place where I was going to buy the machine dies packages with software included at different price points.

Starting at signcut pro for £10 and upwards....I had a play with signcut draw which I believe comes with it...

Would it be a good idea to just get signcut pro as a starting point and then go from there or is signcut pro not going to do what I want from the begining? Thanks

Taking jpegs, vectorizing them, add some text and cut out as a sticker or stencil?

This design & vectorise & cut program will cost  £0  ---- 
http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Inkscape is a great free vector program. If you have photoshop already and are comfortable using it, stick with it for the raster part, then you can use Inkscape for the vector part, and what ever cut software comes with your cutter, or SignBlazer is free and is a good cut program. Inkscape can also be used to cut, although it's not ideal, it is a free option.

• Like 1