dvddvd

MH or SC or TC cutter?

Looking to buy a vinyl cutter plotter and was originally going to buy a (Pixmax) MH 28 inch cutter in the UK for around £240 with signcut software.

Read a lot about them and people said the Liyu were better machines?

So i started looking at the SC631 model with optical eye for around £279 in UK

Then someone said the Liyu TC631 is better which is £400 in the UK with signcut.

So which one would you honestly buy?

Initially i would be cutting vinyl stencils and letters etc but who knows? So better to get features that i wish id got before?

What do I get for my money from a MH to a SC ?

Thanks

While the MH is an ok cutter, for the small price difference, you'll be much happier with the SC.

Nobody active in this Forum has that unit, and since you noted that  "someone said the Liyu TC631 is better" ---  perhaps ask that 'someone' why they feel that way.

By the way, the SC is likely a Liyu-manufactured machine.

So, now that we're this far along, you've been given the correct answer -- buy a Liyu, not MH

I would look at the specs for resolution, repeatability, tracking & maybe force.  What I found when I was looking to buy my cutter, here in the US, was that the resolution & repeatability were the same for the SC, Titan 1 and LP3.  I don't remember the differences between the tracking & force but it didn't matter for what I intended to use it for.  I ended up going for the SC because I couldn't see a reason, for my use, to spend the extra money on the other two.  I know this doesn't directly answer your question but may help give you a way to look at what you're comparing.

It seems the TC series have ARMS contour cut which the SC series doesn't?

Anybody willing to explain what it is?

Contour cutting is mainly for print work. You print an image on vinyl then feed the vinyl through your cutter and it cuts the desired shape around the image.

Can I interject again here? I want people to be aware that 'contour cutting' laser measuring light is a factor of the machines, but it's virtually never used. That being said, it's possible to 'contour' around your objects and create stickers in those shapes. For instance, a letter T, you could surround it with a 'contour' (outline) right as part of the cutting design.

Let me show that here ----->  

t.JPG

Buy the best cutter you can  afford. Try to get one that can work different cutting software. A friend bought a VinylExpress (Heat Press Nation) cutter that will only cut with SignCut - then they asked me to come and teach them how to use it ... too bad they didn't ask me what cutter to buy before they pulled that trigger.

Even though you can find one software that will work for you, and that will become your "go to" software, there are times when something weird happens and you need to troubleshoot whats going on. Typically one of those recommendations from someone on the forum will be to download and install SignBlazer Elements. It's an old piece of the software, but works pretty much across the board with all Windows OS, and is a good means to test the design or cutter to see where your issue may be occurring.

19 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Can I interject again here? I want people to be aware that 'contour cutting' laser measuring light is a factor of the machines, but it's virtually never used. That being said, it's possible to 'contour' around your objects and create stickers in those shapes. For instance, a letter T, you could surround it with a 'contour' (outline) right as part of the cutting design.

I disagree with that statement. I use contour cutting for what it was meant for. Contour cutting vector stuff is useless. Contour cutting printed graphics is something totally different than what you are saying.