dvddvd

My first post! Is this possiable?

Im playing with the idea of buying a vinyl cutter and the one im looking at comes with Signcut pro.

Ive had a little play with the software and wondering if this vinyl cutting is a solution to my dilemma ?

At present I paint my own art work and would love to cut a stencil out of vinyl and then stick it on my art work, spray and its done!

I want to be able to somehow? take a graphic of the internet and make stencils for each colour and then spray each one with the aid of a vinyl cut stencil, so its multi layered?

How do i separate each colour from the graphics into separate stencils?

I have Signcut pro, signdraw and photoshop? Thanks

You'll need to first vectorize any raster graphics you have, and then "Cut by color" is the quick answer.

I have not played with Signcut pro, but most vectoring software is capable of vectoring by color. Be warned though, the more detailed and colored the image, the harder it is to get a good vector. But yes, what you're wanting to do is entirely possible. Also, keep in mind, any stencils made out of vinyl are a one time thing. You won't be able to use them more than once. If you want to do the same design a second time you'll just have to cut out a second set of vinyls.

Keep in mind, you'll also have to let the first color dry completely before doing the next color, and hopefully pulling the second layer of vinyl off doesn't pull up any of your first layer of paint.

• Like 1

many thanks, i was looking at some low tack vinyl which i believe is made especially for stencils?