So I cut a lot of 6mil stencils.  Up until yesterday, it only took one pass to cut.  Now I have to do 2 passes and it still isn't completely clean.

I tried a new blade.  The material is from the same pack.  No settings were changed.

Is there something I need to adjust or look to see if there is interference?  It's not cutting clean on vinyl either.  It's almost like something is keeping it from applying the correct pressure.

Original setup was speed of 80 and force of 234.  It cut perfect.  I've been using this setting for months now.  I've replaced blades before also.

This issue started during a cut.

I tried a couple different blades.  I'm using 60 degree.  Checked for holder and made sure no loose pieces were on the machine.

And thanks for replying and trying to help!

But you didn't answer the question. How did you set your blade depth? How did you know it was correct?  The blade depth has to be set correctly first, that is what determines the force.   This is posted hundreds of times on the forum,  This is the correct way to set you blade depth.  There are many instructions out there, that are just plain wrong and being repeated over and over. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

3 minutes ago, tracienvegas said:

Same way as always.  Using the depth of a credit card for the amount of blade exposed.  Is that what you meant?

Credit cards should be put away after you purchase your plotter,   No where in skeeters instructions is a credit card mentioned

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Measurements do not matter, you set your blade depth to what you are cutting.  Sign vinyl, stencil, whatever. 

• Like 2

And I do.  Especially since I cut my stencils material with a cutting mat.  But my issue is why it  changed in the middle of a cut with no changes being made to setup or material.

If the blade is set any lower than I have it now, it cuts across the material.  this has been fine until yesterday.

No big deal.  I'll figure it out.  I just didn't want to have to keep double cutting.  I thought someone might know why it changed during a cut I made a couple hundred times.

The correct combination is less blade, more force. You only cut with the very tip of the blade.  

• Like 1

Have you considered that you cut thru the material and broke the tip in the cutting strip on corners From using too much blade?   When you cut be hand I will bet you didn’t try to cut 90 degree corners without lifting your blade. 

• Like 1

I agree with Dakota, having the blade out that far, you could have broken off the blade tip. No settings would have changed.  Broken tip will not cut clean or all the way thru the vinyl.  Hard to see with naked eye.  I would think you would also be using a lot more blades than normal, having the blade exposed that far out of the blade holder.  We have seen it many times on here, people complaining that they can't get mileage out of their blades, only maybe a month or two. After a few questions, we find out that they tried to set the blade depth with a credit card, which is way too much blade exposed.  I can get at least 9 months or more out of my blades. And I cut almost daily.  I run a business as well as answer questions on here. We are all user to user volunteers. The company rarely comes here to answer questions. Also with setting the blade that far out of the blade holder, you may want to check your teflon cutting strip for scratches and gouges. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tracienvegas said:

OK, let me put in measurements for you.  The blasé depth that shows is 1/32 of an inch.

Ok, so if you're cutting 6mil vinyl, ie 0.006" thick, and you have your blade set to 1/32, ie 0.03125", that is 5.2 times too much blade exposed.

Not to be rude, and I run into this at work as well, if you ask a subject mater expert for help, don't ignore it when it is not the answer you were expecting.

• Like 3