Sign in to follow this  
bluemoon

Illusctrator CS3 with Mac? Not SignCut...

Hello,

I'm new here.  I was just wondering if anyone had a way to get cutting using illustrator on a mac without need the subscription to SignCut-x2?  Is there any other plug-in available?  Or does signcut have a monopoly on mac interactions with pcut machines?

Thanks!

Guest Terry

Well I don't use a Mac, or signcut. I use Flexipro, but why not design with Illustrator then save as eps, import to signcut. Signcut is free I think for the basic. If you know Illy then thats all you need. Thats how I use to do it untill I got FlexiSign Pro.

Yeah, SignCut is free for a week...  I didn't realize that the software to use a vinyl cutter costs way more than the vinyl cutter itself...  Guess I'll have to return it.

I'd be curious if there was anything else available as well, though I must admit the CS3/Signcut combo does make it incredibly easy to get the job done.  USCutter has the signcut bundles on their website for under $100, well worth it if you need to use it often.

It is free...I had registration issues at first, too, but you just have to get the correct code for the "bundled license" code entered into the program. Ken was a great help to me with getting it going.