I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but what can I change to get a much cleaner cut this what it is cutting. The cutter does not connect lines on the letters and numbers. Picture to help see what I am talking about. 

20200304_112126.jpg

No mention of which cutting software that your using.  On which computer operating system.  No mention of what settings you are using or how you set the blade depth.   Also never be pulling vinyl from the roll while cutting. always have enough vinyl free to do the job.  Did you buy the cutter new?  Have you ever ran a vinyl cutter before?   Did this problem just start?   The more info you can provide, helps get to the problem. 

You have to start with the correct blade depth first.   Then the correct blade offset. Start at 0.25 mm   adjust at 0.05 plus or minus. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 1

Are you cutting directly from text typed into your cutting software, or is this a graphic? which font are you using?

If cutting from a roll of vinyl, make sure there is enough slack in the vinyl so that the cutter is not pulling the vinyl directly from the roll (under tension).

• Like 1

Yes this cutter was purchased new. I am using Sure Cuts Alot Pro 3 (that came with the cutter) on windows computer system. The cutter recently started doing this. I have been messing with the blade offset both going up and down and was doing test cuts on squares, once I tried the font it still does not look like the font is suppose to. I have took out the blade and set the depth.

Have you made sure that the wheels of the carriage head are firmly down in the rail.?  Have you tried a different cutting  software, so as to rule out Sure Cuts A Lot.?  There are demos of  Vinyl Master. Free Signblazer is an option.  What are your settings for blade offset?  You should cut slow until  you learn your cutter. So keep the speed slow. How big is that text? 

Make sure the screw in the grit rollers are tight. Hope you didn't do any adjusting on the pinch roller tension, to make the vinyl slip in the pinch rollers.  Messing with pinch roller tension just creates more problems.  Make sure that you didn't over tighten the blade holder arm screw and crack it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My first guess would be a tracking problem. What do you get if you rotate the design 90 degrees? As a test cut, try cutting just a 6 both vertical and sideways.

Since I did mess with my pinch rollers because the vinyl was slipping during cutting is there any way to get it reset? I am attempting to cut 150 inches long by 6 inches wide on my new US Cutter MH871-MK2. it starts shifting to the left after cutting about 5 inches. Does anyone happen to have any suggestions? I am cutting from VinylMaster Cut V4.2 I would greatly appreciate any help.

9 hours ago, LaDawn said:

Since I did mess with my pinch rollers because the vinyl was slipping during cutting is there any way to get it reset? I am attempting to cut 150 inches long by 6 inches wide on my new US Cutter MH871-MK2. it starts shifting to the left after cutting about 5 inches. Does anyone happen to have any suggestions? I am cutting from VinylMaster Cut V4.2 I would greatly appreciate any help.

we have actually seen quite a bit where people mess with the pinch roller pressure to get rid of marks left by the knurl rollers that is perfectly normal and goes away when the vinyl is applied - causing just what you pictured - now enough pressure causes slippage - just another thing to check.  once your mess with them you just have to put them back best you can and try to get even pressure

• Like 1

I also changed to 66 inches long which worked on one cut then messed up the next one.  I am sure it has a learning curve like all the equipment we use.

On 3/4/2020 at 1:28 PM, andersenta9 said:

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but what can I change to get a much cleaner cut this what it is cutting. The cutter does not connect lines on the letters and numbers. Picture to help see what I am talking about. 

20200304_112126.jpg

That looks to me like the blade retainer arm itself is broken, and the blade holder 'wobbles' instead of being fixed in place.

That happened to me once (years ago) when I overtightened the knurled nut that closes the retainer bracket. It developed a hairline fracture, practically invisible to the eye, and the results were exactly as pictured above.

You need to disassemble the entire retainer arm, and inspect it off the machine. If you don't still have a warranty, this is the part -

https://www.uscutter.com/US-Cutter-MH-Carriage-Arm