wandamitchell

Launcher cannot connect to corel draw

Hey! 

Everything has been working just fine. Now, I get a message: Launcher cannot connect to Corel Draw .. any suggestions?

Corel Draw x7 - Graphtec CE6000 

I would appreciate any input or suggestions. 

3 hours ago, wandamitchell said:

Hey! 

Everything has been working just fine. Now, I get a message: Launcher cannot connect to Corel Draw .. any suggestions?

Corel Draw x7 - Graphtec CE6000

I would appreciate any input or suggestions. 

What version operating system, and version?

What version of Cutting Master?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the CM software?

If you do a search for   " Launcher cannot connect to corel draw"  on Google, you can see a lot of people have this problem, but no one really gives a solid answer on how to fix it.   Questions in Corel Draw forum.   Have you tried a system restore to before this happened?    Maybe a Windows 10 update caused the problem.  

7 minutes ago, wandamitchell said:

Yea = I have been all over google. Thanks ..

Contact Corel tech support.  And did you ever do the system restore?

I was told by corel that CM3 is not compatible with Windows 10 and I would need to purchase the updated CorelDraw 2019 for it to work. 

Hmmmmm

My Chat .. if anyone is interested ..

(11:33:13 PM) Dinesh: I hope this day finds you well. I understand I would just like you to be aware of the program's system requirement. We also have a few end-users with the same situation, it may work for a period of time. Since the program is not designed to be working in your platform (Windows 10) we cannot assure the stability and performance of the program in the long term.
(11:33:43 PM) Wanda: ohhhh ... what should I be using?
(11:34:16 PM) Dinesh: Use the latest version of Corel Draw that is compatible with Windows 10.
(11:34:29 PM) Wanda: what would that cost me to upgrade?
(11:34:54 PM) Wanda: and what is the latest version?
(11:35:21 PM) Dinesh: The product is CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019.

Please use the shopping cart link below to purchase the software.

https://store.corel.com/1103/uurl-js3xmwrcu5

You will notice that there is an option to purchase the Upgrade Program. While this is purely optional, I think that this might be a good add on for you, especially if you see yourself upgrading on a regular basis. The Upgrade Program is a subscription product with a yearly fee which will ensure you always have the latest version at a fraction of the cost of buying upgrades. Think about it and add it to your cart at checkout if you wish.

Note: There is a 30 days money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product.
(11:36:08 PM) Wanda: ok - thanks so much - anything I can do in the meantime?
(11:36:49 PM) Dinesh: Since you are using OEM version can't be upgrade.
(11:36:53 PM) Dinesh: Is there anything else I can help you with?
(11:37:06 PM) Wanda: ok - thanks!
(11:37:23 PM) Wanda: that will solve the problem if I get CorelDraw 2019?
(11:37:32 PM) Dinesh: Yes
(11:37:43 PM) Wanda: have a great night!
(11:37:54 PM) Dinesh: Thank you for contacting Corel, should you need further support, please feel free to visit Corel’s Support page at http://www.corel.com/en/support/?hptrack=mmsup

NOTE : To end this chat now, please click the ... button on the bottom right-hand side of this chat screen and click End Chat.

Thank you, Have a Great day!

Ok,  So have you tried it in compatibility mode  Windows 7?  On your Windows 10 computer?   By the way, Seeing as how you have a Graphtec CE6000,  didn't you get the Graphtec Pro Studio with it?  Much better software.  It's like Flexisignpro. It's over a $1000 software.

• Like 1

I use CDx7 with CM3 on my Windows10 machine with no issues, like skeeter said, maybe a W10 update wiped it out. I have had W10  do exactly that with Flexi once, eiped it out that is.

• Like 1

windows 10 is the bane of my existence. i had to buy a new laptop to run my laser machine - too bad the only ones out there are now win10. i bought my coreldraw 2018 and  life was good until there was a forced win10 update. then is basically semi-broke whatever good thing i had with the laptop and software. it would take upwards of 5-minutes just to send something to print. not because it was a difficult design or a large file, it just semi-broke. whatever that update was, it must have had some firmware update too, because i scrubbed and reinstalled windows, then reinstalled coreldraw, and the problem still lingered.

i found my happy place by bootcamping a mac mini with windows 7 and use that strictly for the laser machine. never had a hardware/software problem since.

*for the record i tried to disable any and all auto update settings that win10 has in place when i initially fired up the laptop, no bueno. win10 still proceeded to update and break what was once working flawlessly. now every time i walk past the laptop, i do so giving it the "stink eye," if for no other reason - that it makes me feel a little better.

• Like 1

For all its worth, I am running win 10 with the latest forced update and corel x6 with CM3 and it is working fine. (I ignore CM3 update notices)

• Like 1