baud rate is the only one that is not up to you. Baud rate is 9600 I believe, everything else you just tweak and tune till you find a setting that works for your machine. They are all different, my settings are the same for HTV as for "normal" vinyl.

• Like 2

like darcshadow said the mh you really have to test yourself - it has had 3 versions of mainboards over the years all with different settings 

• Like 1

I do a lot of HTV cutting and have found that the same setting as I use for calendared budget vinyl works great. HTV has a plastic carrier that is very forgiving but it will bunch behind the blade if you use too much pressure. A nice sharp blade is the key. I recommend clean-cut blades. The only times I have had cutting issues was when I lost a blade tip and didn't know it.

Don't forget to mirror your design because you are cutting the adhesive side on HTV.

Doh.jpg

• Like 2

Refine MH721 just bought this. I need to know if i can setup and use it with mac? Software inside package is signmaster and suplier told me only works with windows?

Why are you yelling at us?

from the uscutter site.

The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac

Rasmus is from Denmark, their mh is not the same as the US version and obviously cannot get support from where they bought it from as it is not Mac compatible and apppears they want someone to magically make it compatible .   

So i need an windows to make it work? 
I have an macbook which is rebooted to windows also. 

Do you know if i can use that?

It will work for Windows.  Try it.  You will then know, if it will work on 'your" computer,  Aren't their Mac compatible vinyl cutters being sold there?  

6 hours ago, rasmus said:

So i need an windows to make it work? 
I have an macbook which is rebooted to windows also. 

Do you know if i can use that?

You should be able to. I haven't found any Windows software that won't run on macs, I run Parallels on two of them (Yosemite/Windows7 & Mojave/Windows7), and Bootcamped a third mac (Yosemite/Windows7). That being said, I don't know what your setup(s) are, so it will all be trial and error. Bootcamp is a safe(r) testing ground, because if it doesn't work, you can always reclaim whatever HD space you sacrificed for it without having to reinstall OSX.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

• Like 2