Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Y-Position Alarm issue

This is an error that has been driving me crazy since last Friday. I turn it on, I hit enter when it tells me too, It moves 14 inches to the right, stops and then pops up the Y Position Error. I've checked the U sensors, It does not seem like anything is off. I did find a piece of vinyl underneath the sensor to the left of the pen carriage. I took that off but it doesn't seem to have helped. I'm still constantly getting that error. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Is this a new cutter to you?  Where do you have the right side pinch roller positioned?   Where is the carriage head positioned? Where is the vinyl positioned in the cutter?   What happens when you do a factory reset?   Maybe show pictures of the front with the vinyl in it, so we can see how you are starting up. Or a video. When the carriage head goes past the right pinch roller, you get this alarm. Personally, I turned off my media sensor and pinch roller sensors day 1. They are in background settings. 

It is new in the sense, it's the first time Ive ever had to troubleshoot it. We have never had an issue with the cutter until last friday. The person who was using it swears up and down he didn't do anything. I get this alarm even though it doesn't even hit the pinch rollers. I attached a small video of what it is doing.

IMG_8520.JPEG

IMG_8521.JPEG

IMG_8522.JPEG

IMG_8523.JPEG

Probably nothing to do with it, but it looks like you have 1/4 inch of blade sticking out?

And your blade holder is in wrong. That lip should be under the clamp.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Probably nothing to do with it, but it looks like you have 1/4 inch of blade sticking out?

And your blade holder is in wrong. That lip should be under the clamp.

Can you show me what is wrong with the blade holder? I didn't install this cutter, it was already setup before I even started with the company.

Nevermind, I see what you are saying about the blade holder. I will correct that once I get this Y Position Error sorted out.

Make sure you get that blade in before you fix the blade holder. Something will get damaged if you don't.

For the Y position. Try moving the vinyl and left pinch roller over to the center of the blue stripe.

Also, take some masking tape sticky side up (maybe 6 to 8 inches long) and put it under the pinch rollers on the smooth part of the roller, with the machine off, and slowly pull the tape out. That should help get some of that gunk off the rollers. May have to do it a few times.

this  is skeeters direction on blade depth that will help you too

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

there are sensors on the rollers to tell the plotter where they are located - make sure those are clean and to test it you can turn them off in the menu (skeeter for one never used the sensors - I always have to keep me from running off the vinyl when I don't pay close enough attention 

Maybe even take a can of that computer cleaner (canned air? forget the name of it) and go over the full width dusting every hole, rollers and anything else you can get to. Q-tips work good for the sensor holes.

Move the vinyl over to the left, You have that whole area of grit roller on the right that you can use.  I usually put them about 1 inch in from the side of the vinyl. Pinch roller marks are not going to hurt anything. Your just riding the edge of the vinyl. That right pinch roller can move to the left several inches.   Have the carriage head at the right lower corner of the vinyl.  That is where it needs to be , when you lower the LOAD MEDIA push rollers  and push ENTER. It should not move at all to the right when you push ENTER. 

I've cleaned it as much as I can. Every nook and cranny.  Skeeter, I tried moving everything to the left as much as possible, but when I turned it on, It kept telling me to load media even thought it was loaded. I took another video with the carriage head in the lower right, and it still wants to move to the right.

Do you not understand move the right pinch roller to the left,  You have that whole area of the big grit roller. Why are you clear to the right side of the vinyl? Almost off of it. Look above it.  where the marking is.  You have that whole area to move the right pinch roller..   So what happened when you did a factory reset?   Turn Power on while holding    down the UP arrow. at same time.

I just misunderstood what you said, no need to be a dick.  I haven't done the factory reset because I don't know what the settings for the plotter are. I can see if my boss knows them, but I don't want to do a factory reset without knowing the settings unless I can find them on the computer this thing is attached too.

7 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

I just misunderstood what you said, no need to be a dick.  I haven't done the factory reset because I don't know what the settings for the plotter are. I can see if my boss knows them, but I don't want to do a factory reset without knowing the settings unless I can find them on the computer this thing is attached too.

I was only trying to help, not be a dick.  I am done here. 

and I want the help, but I don't want snarky comments like " Do you not understand". All I did was misunderstand. So I'm sorry.

Is there an area in the menu that can tell me the settings for this thing or is it possible to get off the computer. I don't know how it was setup, as it was bought and installed before I even started with the company? I"ve already pulled the settings when you hold the Down arrow, but I don't know if there are other settings I need, so when I factory reset it, I'm not setting this thing up without any idea of what they are

I would say just get the condition settings for the condition you are using. May not matter since you have to set it up again for that blade problem.

You may not have a choice but to do the factory reset. That should not be heading right like that. And not that fast.

I turned off the sensor, and then turned it back on. It fixed the moving the right issue, but now it moves to the left and gives me a Y position error when I send a job to the printer. I'm really beginning to hate this thing.

Cut a piece of vinyl off the roll and try loading a sheet. For some reason it is not measuring the width of the vinyl.

6 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

I turned off the sensor, and then turned it back on. It fixed the moving the right issue, but now it moves to the left and gives me a Y position error when I send a job to the printer. I'm really beginning to hate this thing.

if you really hate it and don't want to do a factory reset, just tell the boss to spring for a new ce-6000-60  or fc-8600    :)

lol. If this factory reset doesn't work, I'm sure they will open the wallet for a new one. :D:D    It isn't so much that I don't want to do the factory reset, I just wanted to make sure I didn't need any settings before I did it. Having all my eggs in a basket if you would.

• Like 1