CFS

VinylMaster won't allow a white background

I'm sure there is a setting that I'm missing so something easy.  I'm trying to print a decal what will go on a non-white surface and would like to include the white parts of the decal in a cut list.  I have tried unmarking the white color when vectorizing the image so white is counted as one of the colors, but when it comes time to send the project to the vinyl cutter white is not one of the colors in the cut list.  

Hopefully I'm not being too vague.  I'm using VinylMaster Pro  4.2 

If you able to get the White areas Vectored in Vm its then easy to Select all the White areas and change them to Light Gray ( or another Color of your choice) otherwise,

Before running the image through the Vector Engine, Change to White areas to Light Gray ( or another Color of your choice) in a Raster Program like Photoshop.

Many Software Programs seem to 'Assume' the Color White is a Background unless told otherwise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skarekrow said:

If you able to get the White areas Vectored in Vm its then easy to Select all the White areas and change them to Light Gray ( or another Color of your choice) otherwise,

Before running the image through the Vector Engine, Change to White areas to Light Gray ( or another Color of your choice) in a Raster Program like Photoshop.

Many Software Programs seem to 'Assume' the Color White is a Background unless told otherwise.

I was guessing that the program was assuming that the background was white.  I will try changing the color to gray. Thanks!

I do mockups mostly in high contrast colors so I don't have to strain my aging eye balls. Doesn't matter what color my mockup is, just as long as it's cuttable, and I use the right color vinyl when actually cutting the job. Sometimes it makes my customers mental when they request something in a particular color, and I have to explain to them that I'm needing the approval for layout size, spelling, etc. - and NOT the actual color that everything is, since my cutter doesn't know what color I'm feeding it - that's my job. Hahaha.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, haumana said:

I do mockups mostly in high contrast colors so I don't have to strain my aging eye balls. Doesn't matter what color my mockup is, just as long as it's cuttable, and I use the right color vinyl when actually cutting the job. Sometimes it makes my customers mental when they request something in a particular color, and I have to explain to them that I'm needing the approval for layout size, spelling, etc. - and NOT the actual color that everything is, since my cutter doesn't know what color I'm feeding it - that's my job. Hahaha.

Same! Although I usually try pretty hard to use a close color you never seem to be able to represent the actual cut vinyl especially if it's silver or gold. They often tweak and respond in a panic if I forget to say something about it when I send it over. LOL

to the OP CFS you can also use a trick to do knock out letters by just cutting both colors at once and have instant knock out without having to build a knock out file.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.