Superoz

Vinylverse it's like Thingiverse but for vinyl.

So I wanted a website that was kinda like Thingiverse but it was for vinyl and lasercutters, so I made a quick one to see if there is any interest in it. It's a place to shared ideas and designs, or maybe just show off some work. Take a look and let me know what you think, of you want.

https://superoz1978.wixsite.com/vinylverse

The photos do not display properly, they're covered by the text boxes. (The picture of the cutter is an example, all I see are the sewer lines in the ceiling of your basement).

Your disclaimer about copyrights will probably not hold up in court after you get sued.  ("NERF" is a distinct trademark of Hasbro. "American Racing" is also a well-known copyrighted logo.)

The actual files are poor traces anyway. Amateur stuff.

Well, you asked! Now, I suggest you head back to the drawing board. (literally and figuratively).

Peace.

• Like 1

what Slice said - the disclaimer will not provide a bit of protection in court - but I admire your enthusiasm - 

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the input, I'm just glad you took the time to at least check it out. Oh there is nothing Pro about it, I am 100% amateur, Its a fun hobby to me. I cut stickers for my car and my kids stuff. Just thought it would be nice to have somewhere we could look at others works and share ideas without having to scroll through forum or god forbid Pinterest haha. Oh well no biggy for me took a couple hrs. Thanks again for your opinion and time.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39774-are-you-ready-for-some-clip-art-links-to-free-clip-art

The idea is not bad, but the trick is making sure everything posted is actually in the "public domain" -- and that is not easy for you to keep track of and leaves too much room for abuse.

What you might consider is just providing links to good collections of cut-ready graphics and wingdings (graphics/icons fonts).

After you get the site reworked, come back and let us know ----

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superoz said:

Hey thanks for the input, I'm just glad you took the time to at least check it out. Oh there is nothing Pro about it, I am 100% amateur, Its a fun hobby to me. I cut stickers for my car and my kids stuff. Just thought it would be nice to have somewhere we could look at others works and share ideas without having to scroll through forum or god forbid Pinterest haha. Oh well no biggy for me took a couple hrs. Thanks again for your opinion and time.

I get that - using the search box at the top of the forum to search post that have been made over 10 years is time consuming :rolleyes:

Good on you for putting it together. I think you can definitely make it work. I like the idea of sharing ideas, and while we do that here, your site will most likely be a lot more visual.

It's just kind of screaming infringement at the moment. Just be very cautious of the copyright stuff. I know if other people put up posts, unless you have to approve each and everyone before it gets posted, you cannot help what people really are willing to post. There are some companies out there that aggressively seek out infringement stuff, and the go after the offenders. That's part of the reason that this forum is watched by many volunteers, because we don't want it to get shutdown because a few what share what they've done, but is in violation of copyright laws.

Believe me, I am amazed at how much stuff is on eBay, Craigslist, etc. that people blatantly do copyrighted stuff. It's just a cease and desist letter in the making.

• Like 2

So maybe I scrap the files and copyrighted stuff, then it becomes a blog to showcase in a visual manner the designs and ideas of others. Even if it is a cricut crafter cutting a monogram for mason jars. I just wanted something for everyone, cause I know most of us can navigate a forum just fine and find the things we want to, but not everyone can. I know that looking at some of the jobs on this forum are inspiring and informative. I don't know, just kickin around ideas. 

• Like 1

Kickin' ideas is great, we all do that, it's part of gettin' through life.

My advice, get familiar with creating a nice website using WIX ---  1st spend some more effort in making it attractive and functional.

THEN you can figure out the content. Just keep in mind that we are quite BUSY with actual work, and while I can't speak for others, I am not too fascinated with what others are putting together. Every now and then I glance at the "Show Your Work" section of this site, but my clients (and their paid jobs) are the determining factor of how I move forward.

Job Worksheet.doc

• Like 1