TraceyS

Mini Cooper side checkerboard graphic.

Hi. Not sure if I am stepping the boundaries but does anyone have this image in a vector format. Thanks in advance. 
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

51CB6939-E5EC-403F-998C-65D1399F1D83.jpeg

Thanks mark. I got that far but I just can’t get the checker part nice and straight and crisp. I’m not the best at graphics.

I would like to have it as clean as this one is. I would even purchase the image.

52DD83C7-DA2B-400D-9C87-008D31E2549A.jpeg

Unless you can get an good high detail image auto trace will never give you the desired results. What I would suggest is a redraw/manual trace.

The way I would do it using Inkscape, use the bezeir to create single lines and build the grid pattern. Then go back and use the square tool to draw a square for the white boxes. Adjust the corner roundness using the square tool. Stretch and skew the square to fill the grid as close as possible, then convert the square to a path and use the node editing tool the get the curve of the sides and fine tune the corner placement.

It's not a hard design project but will be a little tedious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That looks great. Not at my pc but looking on my phone, awesome. Thank you very much. I’ll let you know when I get home. I’m away until Thursday