Signs+

help with pricing

image is 9in by 7in

have to take off the laminate and clean with alcohol and reapply a 9in x 7in graphic onto this board

can someone help me on how to price this?

i have a (QTY 188) i have todo

any help would be greatly appreciated

20200131_163511.thumb.jpg.e740a3738a66bddb760af45a6cad2e5f.jpg

First, start with testing how long 1 will take you.  You only know how long it will take you to do the job.  My 2c

• Like 1

next question is how do you take off a laminate?  laminate many of my prints and that stuff was not coming off

• Thanks 1

i remove the laminate by using a heat gun, then wiping with alcohol to get the ink off. and reapplying the new bardcode and letters

29 minutes ago, Signs+ said:

MZ SKEETER takes me about 15 minutes todo 1

what is your shop charge pre hour . . . your labor that is

• Like 1

how much would it cost you to just do a new one? Is that more cost effective by saving you cleaning time?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 5:14 PM, Signs+ said:

MZ SKEETER takes me about 15 minutes todo 1

Not to be a smart ass but if you know your time and material cost you already know how much to charge just add your overhead , mark up and your profit margin 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mabscotthandyman said:

Not to be a smart ass but if you know your time and material cost you already know how much to charge just add your overhead , mark up and your profit margin 

true. it's always good to know what the hard cost is for your labor and materials, but the mark-up and profit margin is where most people struggle with. I still struggle with it at times. Now it's even harder to price competitively since eBay sells vinyl decals super cheap.

9 hours ago, haumana said:

true. it's always good to know what the hard cost is for your labor and materials, but the mark-up and profit margin is where most people struggle with. I still struggle with it at times. Now it's even harder to price competitively since eBay sells vinyl decals super cheap.

ebay pricing is the path to fastest non profit - so many on ebay would be better working at mcdonalds - in china 

• Haha 2

On 2/13/2020 at 11:25 PM, haumana said:

I have never sold decals and never on line. My sign work is signs, lighted signs and formed letters so not sure about selling decals on line but if I sell a church sign for $7200.00 I know my direct cost indirect cost ( taxes, business license, insurance etc ) aprox labor cost and estimated profits 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 11:25 AM, haumana said:

the mark-up and profit margin is where most people struggle with. I still struggle with it at times.

I struggle with it too. I always worry about the price. That's why it is easier for me to do something for myself.