Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

HELP, CAN'T CUT 76inch length text

Guest Terry

I'm using Flexi Basic and everytime I go to cut text that is 9 inches high x 76 inches long, the cutting head travels over to the other side of the cutter instead of staying to the right where the vinyl is. I have 12 inch vinyl in it. It cut the on that was 48 inches but wont cut the 76 inch length. HELP!!! BILLY!!!

Do you have the design all the way to the right side and bottom of the screen in the production manager?And in the first setting in materials make sure it's set to a longer length than the size of the cut.I would keep the width the same,but I always set the length longer than needed just for the hell of it.And make sure the panel fits a little past the edge of the design all the way around.If you change the panel,you will have to change the size back to the size you start at.

Guest Terry

Ok I got it, heres what happened... I designed my layout in ai. sent it to Flexi... Saved the entire layout as a Flexi file... Had a  name on top, other text under that, logo under that, phone# on bottom, The graphic was 24 high x 76 long, I did not have 24 inch vinyl in the top name color, so instead of choosing each color to cut in flexi I deleted all of the graphic and left the name but pulled it to the bottom so it would reach 12 inch vinyl, even though it said and should it as being over to the head, it still went back to the top to cut putting the head over to the left for a 24 inch graphic. Hard to explain but I retype the name from scratch and cut it.

Thank you so much YOU and TATER are great help ALWAYS!