Sign in to follow this  
Gary Frank

MH871 Text orientation is 90 Deg off as shown on cutter

When ever text is sent to cutter it is always backward as shown. If it shows horizontal it prints vertical. I have to rotate text 90 deg from what is shown in order for to print as Ii want.

no mention of what cutting software that you are using.   Can you show a screen shot of what your talking about?  Settings in software. Which driver did you use?  Is this a new cutter to you?  First time you ever ran a vinyl cutter?  Using which computer operating system? 

One in every crowd... slice you crack me up sometimes

Gary there will be an option to rotate the feed somewhere within whatever program you are using. 

• Like 1

I am using Vinyl Master Ltr V4.1. I am using the Driver it installed for this cutter and have reinstalled also. Cutter Model  MH871-MK2. This is my first time with cutter and software. Running Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I have included a screen shot of the cutter ready to cut and I always have to rotate the opposite as shown on screen to cut as desired.  Thanks for your help

cutter.docx

The layout screen on VinylMaster shows the text as should be (portrait) Horizontal cutting along 24" width of vinyl. When I send it to the Cutter it changes to landscape, cutting along the 96" length of vinyl.  If I leave like that it cuts as shown on the layout but it is  90 deg off on the cutter screen which is opposite opposite as I want.  If I ignore  the cutter screen and just cut, it works okay.  I know this sounds confusing.  I have done several cuts now and always do a trail run just make sure I don't waste anymore vinyl.  I have a big job I need to do soon and would like to eliminate the problem.  Thanks so much

So to be sure we understand. You open the cut window and the vinyl looks like it's the wrong orientation from that pictured. You click the rotate checkbox so that the view looks like what you actually want it to do but it cuts opposite from the view in the window. But if you do not check the rotate box it still cuts opposite from the view but is the way you really wanted it to but the view is incorrect.

Have you cut a small test file with the rotate box checked and unchecked to see if anything happens. It's weird that it looks one way but cuts another. 

Yes that is correct.  The cut window is wrong orientation and if i chose go ahead and cut. It cuts as displayed  on the layout drawing.  If I chose rotate in the cut window to how it should it is the wrong orientation as displayed.  I have flipped the vinyl over and used the ink pen many times to confirm. Just updated program to LTR V4.2 and has not changed.  Thank again

Have you tried using a different software like Signblazer which is free. or a trial of another software.  Signcut.  To see if the problem is the software. or the vinyl cutter.?    Use the Redsail cutter in Signblazer as your cutter choice. Just type some text out and try to cut it. 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/

For the correct download, DO NOT choose the 1st SignBlazerElements file on the directory, but the 3rd one listed.  (Setup.)