Guest Ginny

How to cut same siZe as page size

Guest Ginny

How do I get a cut box around my design the same size as the box on my screen? I create my design inside the box and I would like my vinyl to be cut to that exact size for ease of use. So I do not have to measure for center each time. Does that make sense? Thanks for any help? 

draw the box around it.

welcome to the forum. If you register for a free forum account, your post would be automatically be available for all to see, instead of waiting for a moderator to review it.

• Like 1

Guest Ginny

Do you mean go to shapes and just draw a square the same size as my page? 

Yeah, although personally I would set the page size to the size of the vinyl that way you can see how it'll fit.

• Like 2

Yes I always set the page size.  And that's the size I would like it to be.  But when I click Auto Weed Box it just draws a box around the design, not to the size of the box. I was hoping that would do it.  

If your page size is the same as your sheet of vinyl you don't want to try and cut right at the edge. Just make the page size something big, draw a box the size you want, put your design inside it and go.

The page size is really only just for visual reference, it doesn't really have any impact when sending to the cutter.

• Like 1

auto weed is designed to help you save vinyl, rather than just cut to the size of whatever was designated as you workspace.

I make a habit of making my work space 14" wide, and the length varies depending on the job length, since I typically cut from a 50-yard roll. Design in 1:1, rather than designing small or big and using scaling (depending on software). That way, I know I'm not 'coloring outside of the lines', and it minimizes any chance of my blade going off the vinyl and into the cutting strip.

My personal preference is not to use auto weed, I cut boxes around all my graphics. If I'm cutting duplicated of a lot of stuff, then I will box it once, then tile that, so everything is uniform is size, it weeds a lot easier, and when I have to cut them individually, the end product is the same size (with a little bit of stray from the rotary cutter now and then). If it's a long and/or lots of text job, then I will box the entire text, and then draw in relief lines so it makes for easier weeding, like line-by-line, or section-by-section. Same goes for larger graphic that I'm able to draw relief line through.

If the customer doesn't care if the end result is uniform, like it they're just putting up signs on their property, or using to ID pipes for their own use, then I don't bother to do individual boxes, I just cut relief lines like crazy, leave enough space for cutting by scissors, and then give them the sheet after it's taped up, and they can cut as needed.

I do every effort to save space and vinyl where and when I can, because it isn't as cheap as I'd like to be ;)

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.