Craigp

Cutting vinyl rolls

Is there a services out there that cut vinyl rolls into sized sheets. Cant seem to find any out there or i am just not looking right. Seems to be a few videos on how to cut it down with a saw but not much else any help would be appreciated 

Well I also have some rolls that I need to get cut into 8 1/2x 11 sheets and I wanted to know if anybody knew what company or service does that because I do not have the equipment I am a in-house business I barely have room for the equipment I have in my home but I do appreciate the link and the reference

You could cut the roll to size using a saw then just cut sheets from the roll as you need. Would be more convenient for storage. What cutter are you using? Even most craft cutters can make use of a roll even it it's not the advertised way.

• Like 1

Maybe just starting with rolls that are already 11" wide would help you out and get you going  Earlmich.com sells 11" wide x up to 50 yds. rolls. under Vinyl Striping. Find another use for what you already have,or sell it. . Then cut your 8.5" as suggested.  You never stated what type of vinyl. 

Depending on the vinyl. Have you got a friend that owns a Graphtec FC8000 or newer? That machine could cut them, with a roll of 11" wide. Either with the blade or the cross cutter on it, in my opinion. It has the groove in the machine, so as not to hurt the cutting strip.   Blade holder has 2 hole position.  Put blade over the groove.  Even that new Graphtec CE7000 has that option.  Maybe someone wants that job. 

Thank you For the advice I appreciate it I'll look into everything you suggested and hopefully I will find something at work