Sign in to follow this  
cherise88

Curved name around object

Just wondering if anyone can explain how to do a curved bane around an object ... looking to do a team name around a softball on top and players name on bottom curve .. that make any sense .?  Trying to do school decals and have vinyl master 4 ... anyone have any help for me to learn this step ?

Just a quick tip for arcing texts ---  do some kerning prior to the arc, as letters may tend to collide (or, be too far spread out) while rotating around the circumference (inside or outside of the arc).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Just a quick tip for arcing texts ---  do some kerning prior to the arc, as letters may tend to collide (or, be too far spread out) while rotating around the circumference (inside or outside of the arc).

I am pretty much a noob ... but what is kerning.?  Thank you for the reply .!

22 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

At the top of your layout screen is HELP>HELP TOPICS.. Plenty of info there.  Look up TEXT>  Arc Text. 

Thank you for the reply .! I will look at that when I get in the shop tomorrow.!!! 

2 hours ago, cherise88 said:

I am pretty much a noob ... but what is kerning.?  Thank you for the reply .!

Kerning is the spacing between individual characters (letters, number, symbols) in any text

• Like 4

Cherise, is your Google broken? I am shocked that you were unable to independently locate an explanation for kerning ---  when you get to your 'shop' perhaps you can spend a few minutes during your busy day and learn some vital details about your software functionality. There's an old expression that applies here --  RTFM.

Being a 'noob' does not exempt you from taking some initiative and educating yourself. Just my 2₵.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Cherise, is your Google broken? I am shocked that you were unable to independently locate an explanation for kerning ---  when you get to your 'shop' perhaps you can spend a few minutes during your busy day and learn some vital details about your software functionality. There's an old expression that applies here --  RTFM.

Being a 'noob' does not exempt you from taking some initiative and educating yourself. Just my 2₵.

Be nice slice 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Be nice slice 

I felt the same way last night when they posted that question,  I almost posted the answer. And it was too easy to search for.  NOOB?   Been on here over 4 years!!  And they have a shop? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I felt the same way last night when they posted that question,  I almost posted the answer. And it was too easy to search for.  NOOB?   Been on here over 4 years!!  And they have a shop? 

we all get snippy from time to time but now and then some friends remind me to be civil when I have an off day.  I agree that with 4 years and a shop this is a simple everyday type item that a crafter might not know but we have to remain civil.  with that said it shouldn't be long before I fall off the wagon after checking someone else :O

• Like 4

So glad that there are people that think they are so better than others. I guess every post should go through you both to see if it justifies your waste of time. Please give me your phone numbers so I can contact you too see if my post are ok and worthy before I ask any questions. Just a FYI I have used sure cuts a lot for the last 5 - 6 years and just bought a new cutter 3 months ago and now came with vinyl master 4 which I never used before. Also yes I did try to research with YouTube. The 6 or so videos I watched didn’t mention anything on how to do what I was looking for so sorry the questions that offended you so much. Also for the “years” of being on here, I was offline for a couple of years dealing with cancer treatments. Is any of this relevant of why I need to explain myself? Not really but maybe you guys should think before you post rude comments but maybe that’s not a function you both don’t have. I thought this was a kind place when I posted years ago but must have changed. I do remember both of your screen names from way back then but oh well. Times change and nothing left to do but smile smile smile (google that and find out what it means). Have a grateful night .!

learning a new software is tough but once you get used to the new interface think you will really like it better.

both uscutter  and futurecorp that owns VM has LOTS of videos on youtube if that helps . . .  .

• Like 1

Well, now that we've moved past all that, Cherise, did you ever figure out the arc text feature? IIRC, it is not included in the basic version of USCutter-supplied VM (CUT). So, if your VM4 program doesn't offer that function, please get back to us, there are other workarounds.

Since I came back to comment and smoothe things over, I have a remark to make about your original request in the top-post.
While we are focused on having text follow a circumference (circle/arc), there is another text manipulation available, called Text Follow Path ---  the text can flow along any curved line. In your case, you have a softball to go around, but what if you wanted to have the words go over the tops of rolling hills?

toap01.png

OK, one last thing that crosses my mind, and that's TAILS.
In the baseball/softball world, names of teams often are done in script font, and the last letter has a SWOOSH undeneath that underlines the name (called a tail). There are various designs of them, which you then work into the script using welding.

220px-Bad_News_Bears_film.jpg

• Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this