Strikenmike

Configuration conflict

I am new to this and I am stuck.

Signlab10 installed and did cut on new Titan2 cutter.

Installed Vinylmaster Cut OEM and set up with Titan2 28 Driver.  Seems to cut fine in Vinylmaster.

Now, when I try to cut in Signlab10, I get a "port not available, Error Com1 message and the cutter does not respond.

I paid good money for Signlab10 so I hate to uninstall it.  I know I have made a simple mistake on setup, but I have no idea how to correct it.

Please advise.

Mike

Doesn't Signlab 10 have tech support?  You said you paid good money for it.  That should include tech support.   I don't know of anyone here that uses Signlab, but maybe some one will show up.   No download link or disk for it?    Put the USB cable in a different com port for Signlab.  

does it even support saga or uscutter plotters?  looking on their web site I don't see them listed

if it did cut in signlab before I would recheck which port it currently shows as that might have changed and no longer the correct port

Under Saga, It only lists Saga SCA3.  It does not list any UScutters.  No TITAN vinyl cutters listed at all.  Which cutter did you use in Signlab10 for set up? 

• Like 1

I am trying to get the Signlab forum to respond.  No luck so far.  I am enrolled in an on-line workshop next week.  Intend to bring it up at that time.

The cutter does not show up on my Divice Manager, or at least it is not clearly identified.

If I use a different USB port for SignLab10, I assume it will no longer work for VynilMaster.

I appreciate your help.  At 75 years of age, this stuff is starting to become a little challenging.

You said you set it up in Signlab10.  Which cutter did you choose?, as the Titan is not even listed in Signlab10 according to the website.   You have to choose a cutter  brand. which cutter did you choose in Signlab10? 

each program will have it's own section to select the port so same port can be selected in each program.  but like skeeter said and I alluded to earlier I do not see a driver in signlab for the titan nor sega plotters so not sure how you are getting it to work at all in signlab

• Like 1

If your initial installation of SL worked, why did you install VM? If you got it to cut successfully once, when whichever driver you were appears to be compatible with your Titan, stick with that driver. Is SL only means of contacting support via a forum? I would think they would have a more formal support system.

Go into your Device Manager and see if what Com Port your PC has assigned to the cutter, then go into your SL and make sure the port number matches.

Any time you change USB ports, you machine will assign a new number, however, there is no reason why both software programs cannot be configured to use the same cutter Com Port. Just choose the program you actually want to use, and stick with that one.

44 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Their website  shows Phone number. Online form and online  Interactive support.  team viewer

That's a lot of tech support options. One of those would definitely be a better route to go.

Keep us posted on your progress.