Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

Siser Stretch New application time and temp!

For all who do HTV work. I recently received a new 50yd roll of Siser Stretch White and the application instructions on the sticker have changed from 305 for 10-15 seconds to 320 for 20 seconds. I called the tech line and asked what was up. They said they have had too high of a percentage of lifting and decided they needed to make an adjustment to combat problems. So this is retroactive to all the stretch products and not a new adhesive. I know that the stretch line uses something different than the regular non-stretch as evident when trying to remove a missed weed item after install. Almost impossible to do on the stretch where you can just reheat the regular non-stretch and pluck it out. 

This will affect the workflow a little especially when working with a combination of stretch and non-stretch. Siser North America tech help suggested a middle of the road approach in these situations. Reduced dwell time at the higher temp. I know from personal testing that I did on my own that Siser of either variant can handle a lot more heat than they recommend. I did some tests clear up to 350 deg and did not see any visible signs of trouble other than just a touch of adhesive coming out along the edges that was visible if layered.  At the time I was trying to determine if I could layer the Siser with some Stahls products that needed 320-330 degree temps. Color choices being what they are I needed one from Siser and one from stahls.  it was the only way I could get the correct color schemes on a certain job.  It layered successfully without issues. 

I am a little bummed out about the need for this change because it has been one of the best parts of the Siser Easyweed line that it was at the same time and temp for both of those two products keeping the workflow simple and I prefer the lower temps especially when pressing 100% poly products.  Just wanted to get word out if no-one was paying attention to their application instructions (which I would ordinarily have not bothered looking either but it caught my eye accidentally). 

• Like 1