Sign in to follow this  
Moises Nieves

Please Help Mh871-mk2

Im having a problem where my cutter is going bigger then the actual measurements and i cant seem to find the problem if i do an area test it just keeps on rolling past the measurement...

When you send a design are you pushing the ORIGIN button first? Try that.  That is where the design starts measuring from.  Put the blade in the lower right hand corner of the vinyl.  Vinyl only a few inches from right side of cutter.  If that is not what your referring to then, Calibrate your cutter. No mention of which cutting software you are using, but Calibrate cutter should be in your cutting software. 

• Like 1

Make sure your cutting software setup is set for ORIGIN and not WYSIWYG. 
In VinylMaster, WYSIWYG is called Absolute (position) in the General tab, make sure that's not checked.

• Like 1

what software are you using? are you designing your graphic larger than the cut area?

4 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

When you send a design are you pushing the ORIGIN button first? Try that.  That is where the design starts measuring from.  Put the blade in the lower right hand corner of the vinyl.  Vinyl only a few inches from right side of cutter.  If that is not what your referring to then, Calibrate your cutter. No mention of which cutting software you are using, but Calibrate cutter should be in your cutting software. 

i am using vinyl master

8 minutes ago, Moises Nieves said:

i am using vinyl master

So tell us what your doing.. We don't know what your doing, or where your placing the carriage head.  We don't know whether your pushing the ORIGIN button before sending the cut.  What are you doing before sending the cut? 

3 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

So tell us what your doing.. We don't know what your doing, or where your placing the carriage head.  

i am trying cut out a banner for the front windshield of a car at about 34 inches long 4 inches wide but the vinyl cutter when i perform a area test goes over the 34 inches but i just set it to about 30 and it seemed to get that measurement right and work fine not going over or anything.. i am thinking its possibly my computer that i am using but i have no clue 

So the design you're doing is 30" x 4"?

Set your workspace up (in VM) with the proper dimensions, make sure your design stays within that area.

Set the vinyl in your machine and make sure you reset the point of origin so that the machine knows where you want to start the cutting from.

You're saying that it's going over, how is it going over? what's happening when it's going over? is the vinyl just getting fed in excess of 34", or is there actual cutting happening in excess of the 34"? I'm not as versed in VM as I'd like to be, but make sure that there isn't some kind of scaling going on.

3 hours ago, haumana said:

So the design you're doing is 30" x 4"?

Set your workspace up (in VM) with the proper dimensions, make sure your design stays within that area.

Set the vinyl in your machine and make sure you reset the point of origin so that the machine knows where you want to start the cutting from.

You're saying that it's going over, how is it going over? what's happening when it's going over? is the vinyl just getting fed in excess of 34", or is there actual cutting happening in excess of the 34"? I'm not as versed in VM as I'd like to be, but make sure that there isn't some kind of scaling going on.

i have a sheet of vinyl about 38-39 in long and as it feeds through for the area test it just feeds the sheet right out and the rollers keep going for a little bit longer after it rolls the whole sheet through 

Your vinyl has to be several inches past the design, or your rollers cannot hold onto the vinyl.  Just put the vinyl barely past the cutting strip, push the ORIGIN button.    I tape another piece of vinyl to the end, so the rollers still have room on the vinyl. Tape another piece of vinyl, tape under the vinyl. Just an extension, so the rollers are still on the vinyl.

Your vinyl has to be several inches past the design, or your rollers cannot hold onto the vinyl.  Just put the vinyl barely past the cutting strip, push the ORIGIN button.    I tape another piece of vinyl to the end, so the rollers still have room on the vinyl. Tape another piece of vinyl, tape under the vinyl. Just an extension, so the rollers are still on the vinyl.

i will give it a try thank you

I guess the important question really is .... are you getting successful design cut?

5 hours ago, haumana said:

I guess the important question really is .... are you getting successful design cut?

the last time i tried to cut it out it was working fine then just stopped towards the end of the cut and didnt finish the design

1 minute ago, Moises Nieves said:

the last time i tried to cut it out it was working fine then just stopped towards the end of the cut and didnt finish the design

That could be static from the vinyl.  You will know if you put the pen tool in and it finishes the job every time.  Make sure your cutter is grounded, cutter to stand.  Rub your cutter with dryer sheets. Spray Static Guard type products in the room. Run a humidifier. . MH cutters are very prone to static problems. 

That could be static from the vinyl.  You will know if you put the pen tool in and it finishes the job every time.  Make sure your cutter is grounded, cutter to stand.  Rub your cutter with dryer sheets. Spray Static Guard type products in the room. Run a humidifier. . MH cutters are very prone to static problems. 

yeah i had static problems before ill look into it right now