Ron's DC

Vinyl Express 52in HELP

Plotter error: check carriage sensor or VC motor, any suggestions!!!!  Plotter is called a Panther from SignWarehouse, I did not find a model number, plotter is about ten years old. So my problem is what is a carriage sensor or the VC motor????

Edited by Ron's DC

Different models of Vinyl Express   Q, Qe, R, Rogue. Which one?    The more info you can provide, maybe someone can help you.  What was the cutter doing when you got  the error?   That is a Signwarehouse cutter,  What have they told you? 

• Like 1

Are you prepared to start disassembling your old cutter? Are you ready to throw parts at it? How much money will you lose by having that machine out of commission for a while?

It's likely worthwhile to just order a new cutter and move on with your life.

USCutter has SC and LP3 units for very attractive pricing, maybe consider that route and get back to production quickly?

Panther I believe is a rebadged gcc plotter - at 10 years old hardly worth throwing too many parts at   IMHO

This is what your error means. This error is for the Jaguar 1V.  cousin to the Panther.    Unless you can find that sensor,  fix/replace. Time for a new cutter. 

panther.JPG