simplyme

I moved my business now SignBlazer won't connect

I have used my US Cutter Laserpoint for many years.  I just moved my business and of  course had to disconnect everything to move but NOW Signblazer will not connect with my cutter.  Basically nothing has changed other than the com port but now my computer sees it as a USB port (COM 2) rather than just a COM port.  I'm still using the same cords, computer, OS, and of course orders still come in.

Can anyone troubleshoot for me? The settings keep defaulting to this.  I've tried changing them but they never stay.

image.png.b71d75810a1528010d64b3fb66f4e4c3.png

Donna

Look in your computer device manager and see what the com port number is.  Then match it in Signblazer set up.  It will be a com port number.  It should be  number 4 or below.  Make sure you have the correct drivers downloaded and installed.    The numbers must match. 

• Like 1

Hi Donna, Let's troubleshoot this ---

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe 

First, uninstall your old copy of SignBlazer and then reboot the computer. Install v7.0.0 fresh and reboot again with the cutter hooked up. Now, go to cutter setup and choose your model and output connection.

• Like 1

Find the comport like Skeeter suggested, then go into Sign Blazer and manually change it to match. I don't recommend using "Auto" because most of the time it doesn't work :o

Did you plug the USB cable back into the same USB port? When you plug it into a different port it assigns a new comm number.

Slice&Dice, you rock!!!  You saved my life and livelihood.

Thanks to everyone else that commented, I read and considered all input.

I'm getting too old for this bs.  lol.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:12 AM, slice&dice said:

Hi Donna, Let's troubleshoot this ---

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe 

First, uninstall your old copy of SignBlazer and then reboot the computer. Install v7.0.0 fresh and reboot again with the cutter hooked up. Now, go to cutter setup and choose your model and output connection.

Hi I tried this as I was having the same issue however when I clicked the link and installed the file it opened Signblazer 6.0 basic and not the v7.0.0. Any suggestions? Thanks

The version is listed within the HELP menu /  About.
Take a look and see.

What issue are you having?

19 hours ago, slice&dice said:

The version is listed within the HELP menu /  About.
Take a look and see.

What issue are you having?

Ok just checked it says 7.0 in the about menu. I have win 7 and a goldcut jk series cutter which works fine some days and then refuses on other days. Ive read up on the right port being selected but its just intermitent as to wether or not it want to cut, I have a pcut and it runs fine with no issues.

When you say it 'refuses' to cut, what exactly happens? How are you connecting? USB? Serial DB9? What cutter model are you selecting in the SBE cutter setup? (I don't believe you have GoldCut JK as an option in SignBlazer)

Thanks for the replies I got it sorted. It doesnt have a goldcut selection so I have to use generic dmpl and for some reason my computer put it into usb2 ?????? So once I changed that in the settings of signblazer it worked,until my pc moves it again :(

Yep, that was basically all the advice provided in this thread back in January 2020.

Glad you got it straightened out.