billeoff

billeoff

i am newbie at this i have the basic sign making kit and i have wasted as much vinyl as made signs that said---- question can i take a picture with my i phone and (simple cattle brand ) and upload it to my cutter and cut it ??? example BE want to join the E with B i cant get to work any help Please THANKS

Sort of. You can take any picture and with some work turn it into a vector file that the cutting software can use. The quality of the end result depends on the quality of the image to start with. The best images would be a 2 color black and white.

Most vector software have some sort of vectoring tool. Inkscape and VinylMaster both have pretty good ones. The other option is to load the image in your program and manually trace it. Depending on the complexity of the design, the manual trace can be pretty easy and will generally give better results than an autotrace with a little practice.

• Like 1

For sure, VinylMaster has a "vector engine" which works quite well. 

That being said, keep in mind the fact that pictures (images) are pixel-based and cutters require node-based stuff.

If you want more detailed instructions, just ask. We kinda can help.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, billeoff said:

... question can i take a picture with my i phone and (simple cattle brand ) and upload it to my cutter and cut it ...

The Short Answer? "No" .

As far as I know, there's not a Flat Phone App that will run a Cutter (Plotter).

Now, You can (as mentioned) take a picture with your phone then Convert it from Pixel Based Image to a Vector Based Image with

Computer Software Like Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, or Corel then output it through Cutting Software under Windows or Mac OS and

cut it on a Vinyl Plotter but, not directly from Phone to Cutter,  as you mentioned.