H4H

Sandmask Vinyl Plotter, can't figure it out!

Hello all,

We are interested in trying out sandmask vinyl stencils using "Hartco 535" material.

https://www.uscutter.com/Hartco-535-High-Grip-Heavy-Duty-Sandblast-Mask

Although, we can not figure out what plotter type is needed to cut "32.5 Mils" of vinyl!

We are in the market to expand our business, so high end plotters are not out of the question.

We need some insight on what features to look for when deciding on a plotter for this material.

i.e. Downforce pressure, contour cutting, speed, blades, etc.

I do see the Graphtec CE6000 actually states "25 mil max thickness" so we are assuming the Hartco 535 material will not work here.

We actually would like to "try a sandmask job" before going all in, although we can not find anyone in town that cuts this material!

We want to try a simple name on a brick to see if it is something easy enough to accomplish.

Any insight is helpful!

Thanks!

How deep do you plan to blast?

That stuff would probably be good for up to and inch deep or more in brick.

There is thinner stuff that would more than likely to do what you need.

I have cut Hartco 425 with my Graphtec, but it is a little thinner material, i just cut it with 2 passes

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies!

We are looking to do about 1/8" to 1/4" deep with about 100PSI sand blaster.

The reason for the 500 series material is the statement claiming for "porous substrates".

There are many times we encounter "rough granite" and it would be nice to be able to work on that type of media.

So the current census is a Graphtec CE6000, Sandmask 400 series with multiple passes?

Thanks again

any cutter would probably need multiple passes. better to do multiple than stress the motor and carriage. Any cutter with a servo motor will get you better accuracy over a stepper.

if the Graphtec is within budget, definitely go that route!

Get yourself some CleanCut Blades too.