Sign in to follow this  
Mike Bethune

Cutting in sections

I just got a new Titan2 Plotter and it came with Vinylmaster cut software.

I am using this software only to cut the sandblast stencil, I made the design  in Corel draw.

I can’t figure out or find online how to cut the layout in sections. An example is let’s say my layout is 68” wide but my stencil is only 24” wide, how do I get it to cut in 24” sections? I use to use flexi on my old plotter but can’t transfer it over and it automatically divided it up for you after you’ve typed in your material dimensions.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have demos of each version of Vinyl Master.   The tiling feature which you are referring to, is available in Vinyl Master LTR on up.   You can also download the demos and check different features.    Higher versions have more features.

What do you mean that you can't transfer Flexi over?   Why can't you run the Titan on the Flexi computer?  Many were using the Copam 2500 driver to run Titan vinyl cutters. (at least they were doing that with the Signblazer software)

• Like 1

I never mentioned anything about a video.  Go to VinylMaster.com and  download their demos.   Demos are real software to download and try. 

Ok I downloaded the LTR DEMO and found the tile option right there and it seemed easy enough. So I went ahead and paid extra to upgrade from CUT to LTR I then uninstalled all the programs and reinstalled using my new code and it says it’s LTR but the tile option is not there unless I go to the vinyl spoiler and there’s a box there that you click to tile so I did and it puts a box around the whole image (which stick out way past photo of plotter) instead of breaking it up.  This version looks just like the CUT version I originally had...I Don’t understand why this has to be so difficult, if I typed in that my material is 24” but the layout is 40” why it doesn’t automatically break it up. 

Working from Vm Pro here but I believe its the same for Letter...

Select your overwide object to cut (Menu dropdown) > Send to Cutfile> (Select Tab 'Current Page' OR' Selected Items' then >Send

ReSelect your object > Edit> Overlap ( Enter a Value... .125 to .250 inch works well) OK > Apply

Click "Cut Page" on Menu Bar and a Cut Current Page Module should open that

allows you to select which of the Tiles you wish to cut.

Diag_01.jpg

• Like 1

Well I downloaded the  demo again and evidently the   PRO version and above are the only ones that do the tiling like I need. I’m not paying that much for a program used only to cut my layout on the plotter. I’ll just buy Flexi 7 for less than $50

Believe you'rere right, Mike.... seems the 'LTR' Version of VinylMaster  does not include the Tile Bleed (Overlap) Tools.

VmCompare.jpg

• Like 2

That kind of sucks when you thought you upgraded to the proper version. You can do it manually but it's a work around. Make two files or however many it takes to do the size you're building. You can cut the design into parts but there needs to be some overlap so you have to allow for that. You must be doing some SERIOUS blasting to be that big. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wildgoose 

Yes been making sandblasted and hand carved signs for over 30 years, do some really large signs for entry way signs for subdivisions. In fact the largest I’ve made was 4’x32’ and 8’x16’ all at the same subdivision, But mostly average around 3’x5’

15 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

That kind of sucks when you thought you upgraded to the proper version. You can do it manually but it's a work around. Make two files or however many it takes to do the size you're building. You can cut the design into parts but there needs to be some overlap so you have to allow for that. You must be doing some SERIOUS blasting to be that big. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this