Sign in to follow this  
theresasallach

ce 6000 cutting with mat

I bought the ce 6000 and have been cutting 5 mil mylar with a mat. Today It's not cutting the same area. I usually cut with a 24 x 36 inch mat  which gives me a cutting area of about 22 x 34, but now the machine has a cutting area of about 21.5 x 32ish. I've googled about how to change the cutting size area but haven't found anything that addresses my issue. I was cutting up to about 33.5 inches before. Not sure what changed. I did move the machine at Christmas, then moved it back. I wouldn't think that would be the issue. 

Although I'm not using a Graphtec, my machine cutting size (vinyl size) is controlled within the software.

Your Graphtec  will not cut past the pinch rollers.  They have magnets in them.  Or it's your size in the cutting software.  I turned my pinch roller and media sensors off on day 1.  They are in your background settings.   Turning the media sensor off, stops the cutter from measuring the width of the vinyl at start up and you can put the carriage head and the blade right next to the edge of the vinyl.  The carriage head can go past the pinch rollers then.   Make sure and push the ORIGIN button, before sending the cut. 

The width isn't the issue, it's the length. I am cutting with a mat and cutting mylar. My issue is my program settings say 22  x 34, but it's not cutting there and is kind of off cutting compared to what the visual program shows. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. In the cutting window all looks good, but when it cuts, it doesn't cut like it shows in the cutting window, like the program is not calibrated with the machine. I just cut a piece and it cut off the side which cut off the bottom of my word, but the window shows it all fits. Seems to be off. I will check and see where the media sensor is and see if shutting that off helps, but not sure how to make sure the design is cutting with the machine like it shows on my window 

What cutting program are you using?  Show some screen shots. Or examples of what is happening.   Maybe the cutting mat is slipping?   Maybe mylar is slipping?  Run the cutter slow.   Cut some rectangles and see if they measure correctly.  Even use a pen on paper. 

I figured it out. For some reason in the job size, there's a box on the right side that changes the size from what I made it to a larger size, increases the size. I don't know why that was different since I haven't changed anything. I use silhouette for business to design and import into the Graphtec pro studio. thank you for responding