Sign in to follow this  
CallumW

Graphtec CE6000-60 Vacuum not holding down vinyl

I have the Graphtec CE6000-60, and I am really struggling when cutting chrome / holographic vinyl, as it seems as though the vacuum is not pulling down the centre of the vinyl, and therefore the vinyl is moving whilst being cut, which causes defects in the cut, such as small circles not being cut as a circle at all.

What would you recommend to solve this issue? Is there a 3rd roller option available for this cutter?

Thanks

I never had that problem cutting polyesters. (chrome).   I cut Avery chrome.  Have you tried rerolling the vinyl in the opposite direction so the vinyl is flat?  I do that with any vinyl.  Also is the blade in the holder too far out causing the vinyl to move?   This is how to set your blade correctly for any vinyl. No mention of which brand of vinyl you are using. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 1

I recently adjusted the blade, and it cuts perfectly with gloss colours, it's just the chrome colours that I'm having issues with now, I'm not 100% sure what's causing this, but I've attached a couple of photos below

As you can see, the K8 cut is perfect, however, the further along the row the cut gets worse (the 2nd photo) 

81181256_2731968523553649_6571652536745328640_n.jpg

81818367_808126509634860_8326502283273568256_n.jpg

How did you set your blade depth for this vinyl?   This vinyl is not like your regular 2-3 mil  sign vinyl.   Did you do test cuts with the cutter before cutting this and they were fine? 

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

How did you set your blade depth? 

I took the blade holder out of the machine and cut through some scrap vinyl to the point the blade cuts just the vinyl with no marks on the backing

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

You do want marking on the backing, just a light mark.  Use my instructions above.  They work. 

Would this cause the issue of vinyl not cutting properly in the centre though? As the cut at the beginning of the vinyl close to the pinch roller is completely fine, and with gloss colours, it's also fine all the way along the vinyl, chromes are the only colours I'm having issues with (see video)

keep in mind too that that type of film will eat blades pretty bad.  in your moving I didn't have sound on but the vacuum is only when it is cutting not when it is just sitting there waiting to cut

Welcome from the USA

2 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

keep in mind too that that type of film will eat blades pretty bad.  in your moving I didn't have sound on but the vacuum is only when it is cutting not when it is just sitting there waiting to cut

Welcome from the USA

Thanks for the welcome - The vacuum doesn't pull the vinyl down when it's on either, the cut is fine near the pinch rollers, but doesn't seem to cut accurately towards the middle

You may have to try cutting narrower widths, than the full width of the vinyl. If you can't get the vinyl to lay down. 

Go to your menu, and go thru the background settings and see if the Fan is set to normal.   It will only work when you are cutting.   Did you try rerolling the vinyl? 

Should the correct tool setting be CB09U+0 for this material? I've also just ordered a cleancut blades knife to see if this solves the issue at all.

7 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

a 60 degree blade would probably work best.  Yes,   CB09U,  but you have to get the vinyl to lay down.  

Is there no third pinch roller upgrade for these machines available?

I don't see one.  Only on the FC cutters, so you can cut heavy reflective, etc.  Normally a 3rd pinch roller assembly would not be needed on a 24" .  It's your vinyl, not the cutter. The vinyl doesn't even lay down.  Did you ever reroll it the opposite direction?   I have a 30"  FC cutter, with 2 pinch rollers, and my Avery chrome lays down just fine and cuts. And it has a wider throat then your cutter. 

Contact your tech support. 

It may just be the vinyl I'm using then - it's deTape chromes & glitter's (intense sparkles) that it seems to be unable to pull down in the middle with the fan

I could not even do a search for that vinyl. Only their sign vinyl and stencil and printing vinyl.   Where did you buy it? Show the specs on it.  

You being able to push it down like that, it doesn't appear to be tight under the pinch rollers at all. Have you tried a carrier sheet with it. or spray adhesive on  vinyl backing  Putting 1 pinch roller down tight, then flattening the vinyl across to the other pinch roller? Or your pinch rollers are not tight enough. 

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You being able to push it down like that, it doesn't appear to be tight under the pinch rollers at all. Have you tried a carrier sheet with it. or spray adhesive on  vinyl backing. Putting 1 pinch roller down tight, then flattening the vinyl across to the other pinch roller? Or your pinch rollers are not tight enough. 

With the CE6000-60 both rollers go down at the same time? or is there a way to make them go down separately? 

Also, how would I go about tightening them if needs-be? I'll give it a go and see if that works

+ Are there any 610mm carrier sheets available?

Besides having the main pinch roller handle,   doesn't each pinch roller have another handle, or adjustment on them, that you can clamp down tighter?   Read your user manual.  My FC does.   Do some searches in your area for adhesive backed carrier sheets. 

43 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Besides having the main pinch roller handle,   doesn't each pinch roller have another handle, or adjustment on them, that you can clamp down tighter?   Read your user manual.  My FC does.   Do some searches in your area for adhesive backed carrier sheets. 

There only seems to be a hold-down adjustment option available on the 120 cutter

I'm just struggling to understand why no-one else has had an issue like this with vinyl before, it happens with all of the chromes, and after testing reflective - it happens with that too

Depends on what type of reflective. Only low intensity reflective is supposed to be cut on the CE6000-60.  Higher intensity reflective is for the FC unit.   I bought a used FC8000-75  and they were cutting reflective.  They added 2 pinch roller assemblies to it.  They were also cutting with the red top blade holder.   FC cutters are much more heavy duty, with more force.