Sign in to follow this  
handmadelovely

Titan2 leftmost pinch roller not in sync?

I'm sure this is an operator error rather than a hardware issue (isn't it usually?), but I thought I'd (hopefully) get some tips on dealing with it.

As the title says, my leftmost pinch roller just doesn't seem to be in sync with the rest of the rollers. No matter how straight I have my vinyl loaded, no matter how many times I check the tracking, the vinyl binds/bunches under the leftmost roller. It'll feed precisely along for 3 to 5 feet; I'll think it's spot on, execute my cuts, and then at the last moment, it'll bunch up and muck the whole job up.

I've cleaned the grit roller, cleaned the roller itself, and adjusted it endlessly to no avail. 

I'm honestly at a loss. This is not my first rodeo. Whilst I might not be as experienced as you, the lovely folks I'm asking for help from, I'm an advanced user. 

Any suggestions, please? Thanks much in advance. xx

First suggestion is use skeeters advise on setting your blade depth, too much exposure is like sticking an ice pick thru a paper and trying to move it.   Part 2 is make sure the roller is directly over the knurled roller on that side.   Does that roller spin freely when raised? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, haumana said:

Do the Titans have designated pinch roller areas?

Yep.
As Dakota has noted -- "make sure the roller is directly over the knurled roller on that side"

I am making a leap of faith here, and assuming the OP understands this element of the machine ("This is not my first rodeo ... I'm an advanced user.")

My only suggestion is to verify that the grit roller itself is snug on its axle. There should be a nut affixing the metal knurled roller(s) onto the drive axle.  I am not sure how to access that, but it shouldn't be too difficult (involves removing the upper plate covering the rollers).

• Like 1