Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

Gerber Edge is in the house

So a long while back I made a trip to Denver to grab a heavy duty walking foot sewing machine I bought at an auction. Jburns had helped me out by actually picking it up and taking it to his house for me. (you're a stud Jason btw) So while there he talked me into taking a Gerber Edge printer and Gerber enVision plotter off his hands at a very attractive price that I just couldn't pass up. I have had them sitting in the garage for a long time trying to get around to working with them. Finally got some time and pulled them in and got them running. I am an apple computer guy so I ended up having to go fine a decent used windows machine that had the right connectors to run the older edge printer. This took about a week because the first try had an aftermarket plug in that was problematic. Once I got a box with a native 25 pin and serial port the two machines hooked up without incident. I currently have an active Flexi 19 license on rent so I have the RIP to print and the production manager to also do the contour cuts. It's been at times a little frustrating and still occasionally has issues but overall I have a new toy! I'm going to give it whirl and make some hard hat decals and see how it goes.

It's a bit cumbersome in my dinning room added to all the other stuff I have there but it's pretty cool to be able to print stickers. I have talked myself out of a Summa DC5x several times due to space and cost etc... this was a good opportunity to test the market with much less expense and commitment. My wife will soon be asking me to "stage" it back in the garage and bring it in when I actually am dong a print job but it's fun to have around. 

• Like 3