Rob40

PixMax Plotter / Off-set Issue

Hello, 

Thank you for reading my issue... I am having issues with my blade not cutting cleanly. The corners are rounding (please see the photo I have attached).

I have adjusted the blade off-set and the issue continues. Has anyone else had this issue?

Many thanks for your time, Rob

IMG_9162.JPG

Not familiar with your plotter, but some plotter you adjust only on the plotter and some only in the software, others can be adjusted in either and we have seen people adjust on the plotter only to have thier software over ride that setting .  As you adjusted the offset did you see a difference in the corners?

First start with your blade depth, it has to be correct first.  Then start at 0.25 for blade offset,   No mention of which cutting software you are using.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

Hi, Thank you for your help. I have been cutting with this machine for some time so happy the depth is correct. I am using SignCut Pro 2 software. I have moved up and down from 0.25 offset in the software and no difference seems to happen. Perhaps its the plotter settings that need adjusting then...

Thank s again for your input on my issue.

So how did you set your blade depth?  That is where you have to start. Too many people see wrong instructions of setting the blade depth and have too much blade exposed.  Too much blade exposed will cause problems with blade offset, because your not cutting with the blade tip.  How did you set your blade depth? Instructions above are the correct way. We have people cutting for a long time, who think they have the blade depth correct and they have 10 times too much blade exposed. Most people are only cutting sign vinyl at 2- 3 mil, so it only takes the very tip of the blade to cut it. My above instructions work every time. Just because your happy with it, does not mean it is correct. 

It's possibly to cut ok with the blade depth set incorrectly but once do set it correctly the difference in cut quality is night and day.

• Like 2