is there 2 versions of VM? 1 for us cutter and a different 1 if bought somewhere else. I see online that vm supports gcc cutters and alot of ther brands. but when i look for these on my version all i c is cutters that us cutter sells. how do i get a copy to b able to use my other cutters

33 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

is there 2 versions of VM? 1 for us cutter and a different 1 if bought somewhere else. I see online that vm supports gcc cutters and alot of ther brands. but when i look for these on my version all i c is cutters that us cutter sells. how do i get a copy to b able to use my other cutters

yes there are various versions with a uscutter version with mainly the plotters they sell drivers and the general version they sell

so if i want to be able to run my other cutters on vm i would have to buy a copy from somewhere else?

i was checking on vm updates today and saw gcc  listed as a compatible cutter. ive been using this cutter with scalps since i bought it because i didnt think vm supported it. didnt show up on my version . with the issues ive had with vm not sure i would purchase another copy just to make it easy for me to use the files i created in vm before i got other software. can say that i guess since its the software i started with , i do have an easier time with it. hd thought about upgrading to letter thinking my issues was because i had the bottom version of vm. but ive seen where people were having issues with all versions of it. the guy i bought the graphtec from loves flexi. he was def pushing it . lol  may have to give it a try

On 12/13/2019 at 7:48 PM, cardudenc said:

so if i want to be able to run my other cutters on vm i would have to buy a copy from somewhere else?

i was checking on vm updates today and saw gcc  listed as a compatible cutter. ive been using this cutter with scalps since i bought it because i didnt think vm supported it. didnt show up on my version . with the issues ive had with vm not sure i would purchase another copy just to make it easy for me to use the files i created in vm before i got other software. can say that i guess since its the software i started with , i do have an easier time with it. hd thought about upgrading to letter thinking my issues was because i had the bottom version of vm. but ive seen where people were having issues with all versions of it. the guy i bought the graphtec from loves flexi. he was def pushing it . lol  may have to give it a try

you would have to contact VM about a price for an upgrade from uscutter version to the regular version - but if you don't like it than that is a non starter.  On flexi the cheapest way to get the big version (not starter) is to buy a new graphtec and download graphtec pro studio that comes with the new ones free - actually worth more than the cost of the new plotter 

I started to pull the trigger on a new  ce 6000 60 during the black fri pricing.  the used graphtec i bought was an older ce 5000 60

forgot to include this in my original post

def thought this was weird, while checking out future corps site  saw a code for a disc upgrading and vm club membership. so trying to check out info on the club it has you click whether u want to purchase new product or an upgrade. i selected upgrade and it asked for my psn, i put it n and it comes back as an invalid psn. but the version on my comp is active

The predominate difference is that VinylMaster CUT has a basic vectorizer in the USCutter edition whereas the Future Corp version does not. 

Also, the USCutter edition comes with drivers based on the cutters USCutter sells whereas the Future Corp version includes them all built in. 

However, there is a downloads page that includes over 5000 drivers for the USCutter edition here:

https://fcws1.com/drivers/driverconsole.php

As such, and excluding the vectorizer for CUT the differences are minimal.

• Like 3

The link works, however, you need to type in a Product Serial Number.

• Like 1

Guest Chris

Yep, FireFox was the problem. Anyway seems the driver doesn´t work, doesn't matter what type of HP Design Z series y choose it's downloading the same .exe file but different filename witch does nothing after installing. I send a email to riptech as instructed, hope someone helps me since I upgraded to XPT to use the RIP with my printers (HP Designjet Z2100)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.