SignAl

Font Help

11 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It was already offered to you.  Read your old post. 

No, that was only the 200 fonts from the Elements version. I wouldn't have asked again if I found them all.

From the license stipulated on page 2 of that PDF even if someone does have this collection of fonts they can not legals share it with you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, darcshadow said:

From the license stipulated on page 2 of that PDF even if someone does have this collection of fonts they can not legals share it with you.

Then how do I get them? I thought this was abandonware.

Just because the software is abandonware, does not mean that the fonts are. If the fonts are FREE, then you should be able to download them from a font site FREE.  Dafont.com etc.

22 minutes ago, SignAl said:

Then how do I get them? I thought this was abandonware.

I was thinking the same thing. But Skeeter has a very good point. You have the PDF,  just search for the ones you really need and you will find out real fast if they are free fonts.

20 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Just because the software is abandonware, does not mean that the fonts are. If the fonts are FREE, then you should be able to download them from a font site FREE.  Dafont.com etc.

I've never said I'm not interested in paying for them. I ask for help because they simply don't exist anywhere else. This is the only way I can get hold of them.

Also, the font designs are not owned by Cutting Technologies Ltd. but by other organizations (see PDF). The problem is that many of them closed doors decades ago. It's also hard to find the original typeface designers, who might be dead, and most likely not have a digitized version of the font.

1 minute ago, bikemike said:

I was thinking the same thing. But Skeeter has a very good point. You have the PDF,  just search for the ones you really need and you will find out real fast if they are free fonts.

I know which fonts I want and I know that they don't exist anywhere else. That's why I'm here asking for help.

Yeah, if you're only wanting/needing a handful of them try searching for the Nearest Equivalent Font Name. If that doesn't work, take a screen shot of the font and feed it into what the font or some other font searching program.

For example, I just tried to find A015 which says it's nearest equivalent font is Agency Bold. The Agency Bold I found was not even close but what the font found Arruba, which appears to be an exact match.

Obviously doing this for each font is not as convenient as if you had the install files but it's probably you're best/only option at this time.

6 hours ago, SignAl said:

I've never said I'm not interested in paying for them. I ask for help because they simply don't exist anywhere else. This is the only way I can get hold of them.

Just because you're willing to pay for them, does not make it legal for any of the members here to share or sell it to you. Abandoned doesn't make it free to share, sell, or distribute.

Dragging this thread longer and longer will not make it any easier for you to source the fonts. Your best best is to post a sample of what you're specifically looking for, not 1200 fonts, and see if someone can come up with a freeware version to share with you, or make other arrangements that will not infringe upon the rules that regulate this forum and/or get any of it's volunteer contributors in trouble.

Here's Cut-In

http://abfonts.freehostia.com/simplement.htm

Here's Benjamin sort of. It's not a solid fill but it would be easy enough to modify the font once you type out what you want.

https://www.1001fonts.com/benjamin-font.html

This is a close match for Edda font for the capital letters, lower case isn't very close though.

https://www.1001fonts.com/edda-font.html

Here's Bulk

https://www.ffonts.net/Paper-Punch.font

Here's Avondale

https://www.whatfontis.com/Mackintosh-SF.font

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, Darcshadow takes time out of his day to do searches for you and 1 out of 5 ranks a thank you. Cool, I am sure he appreciates that.

4 out of 5 result in complaining. Not cool.

Last time I checked every search engine on the net does not discriminate. If darcshadow can find them on his own time, I am sure you could do the same.

We are all here to help the best we can. However, I do not think we are here to act as unpaid employees to do your searches.

• Like 3

What he has pictured for Pennyfarthing font is not the real Pennyfarthing font.

mark-s

• Like 1

Correct, the fonts are fonts created for SIgnBlazer and the names are the closest matching named font at the time of the creating of the font list.

22 hours ago, bikemike said:

So, Darcshadow takes time out of his day to do searches for you and 1 out of 5 ranks a thank you. Cool, I am sure he appreciates that.

4 out of 5 result in complaining. Not cool.

Last time I checked every search engine on the net does not discriminate. If darcshadow can find them on his own time, I am sure you could do the same.

We are all here to help the best we can. However, I do not think we are here to act as unpaid employees to do your searches.

I have to agree. Poor form dude. 

• Like 3