Sign in to follow this  
kp signs

sk720t

hi all,

i have an sk720t cutter which i recently purchased. i have set up all the coms and for some reason when i hit CUT, the data is transferred but there is no response from the cutter??

i have reconnected a few times and same problem. i am running on windows 10 and have a serial to USB connection. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks. 

Which cutting software are you using?  Did you make sure the driver installed correctly?  Com port numbers are matching in computer device manager and the cutter software?   Is that a used cutter?  Did you see it cut before buying?  Did you try a different cable?  Best to put it on a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter,   it does work with a vinyl cutter. 

I have the same problem with windows 8.1 all data transferred but no cut.... I've tried to install the usb lead in beginning but with a 1000 attempts and help from cuz who's a wizz kid on computers I just couldn't get it to work even with installing and uninstalling everything

So I bout a com port to usb lead now I got it connected I send the data but wont cut did u sort this after could u help please I'm started to loose my shit now lol

Thanks in advance

With value cutters best to use  a Tripp-Lite Keyspan  Adapter. Is guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter. Many of the cheap USB to serial adapters have the same cheap chipsets like the vinyl cutter.   For reference only, find the best price.

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1BN0WAUK1WM7X&keywords=tripp-lite+keyspan+usb+to+serial+adapter&qid=1581457743&sprefix=Tripp-lite+keyspan%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-3

As Skeeter has already asked - what software are you using to cut? You've checked the com port, but have you configured your cutter software to be matching? Depending on the software you're using, is there a specific driver in the software, or is there a list that you're working to find a compatible one?

Have you tried to download other cutting software? You can download the trial versions of several other programs, and see if those will communicate successfully with your cutter.

Have you tried doing a test cut, from the cutter interface/control panel?

I just got one from a friend and I can’t figure out what programs I need and where to get the from.  I know I need a program tht will allow me to design then another so Thts I can use my cutter.  Can someone please help me figure this out.   It did not come with a program already, at least not when I got it.

Your friend should have shown you that it works OK before he gave it to you, and even a tutorial on how to use the equipment, don't you think?

Anyway, you are lucky, I'll be your friend.

NOTE: If you have a mac computer, don't even bother going forward with any of these steps.

1. Download and install SignBlazer ELEMENTS from the hidden archives. (disable your anti-virus first, or it will choke on this abandonware program -- there's no danger, but the installer has a crack so that you don't need to register it -- if you're deeply interested in the backstory of SBE, there's plenty of information in other threads on this subject. Search "Jerry Bonham").

2. SBE has design AND cut built right in. No need to have any other program. In fact, it even offers a ton of cut-ready GRAPHICS (Draw menu/Library). You need a horse? A lion? A balloon? A sports figure? Flowers? etc. All in the program.

3. Connect via USB or Serial (DB9  rs232 legacy com port)

4. Your SK720 is a SEIKI unit. In SignBlazer, there is no specific driver for Seiki. So, you'll have to try several options from the long list, going through it and choosing random machines until one works/responds correctly.
I would start with LiYu and see if it gets the machine to recognize the command to cut. Or Roland. Or RedSail. Or CoPam.

(I think SEIKI uses proprietary drivers, but it's possible that SBE has one that will be OK, it's trial and error to find out).

5. We might have to give you more advice later -- Mainly regarding the white nylon cutting strip (make sure it's not gouged), and I would also swap the old blade out for a new 45^ (red cap) and set it correctly.

TTYL.

Hello! I have been looking for some help for a while and this topic is my issue. I had someone even log into my computer to set up my cutter and he said he thinks my USB port is bad. Any idea where I can get a replacement for the Seiki?

TY

1 hour ago, KSnay said:

Hello! I have been looking for some help for a while and this topic is my issue. I had someone even log into my computer to set up my cutter and he said he thinks my USB port is bad. Any idea where I can get a replacement for the Seiki?

TY

Does the cutter have a serial connection on it?  If so, best to use it anyway.  Get a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter  (That is the brand name) and a null modem cable and hook it up that way. 

This is the only plug to plug in. Except the power cord. I have it set up correctly it won't even do a test and that is where the tech guy said that either the plug has to be bad or it's fried? I am going insane. I have an Ecraft craftwell and I am hoping to be able to get rid of it and use this! 

Thank you for your help! I appreciate the response!

20211018_203124.jpg

" it won't even do a test "

The test mode will set the cutting head in motion, even without any external cable connection.

Are you telling us it will not even perform that basic routine when you press the Test button?

No it will not even do a test. The settings and everything are correct...it moves if I move it with the button on the cutter but if I do the test from SCAL pro 5 it won't do the test.  And I only have the one connector as shown in the picture. 

The cutter has it's own TEST button,  and should cut a square with a diamond or similar.  You don't need software to do that.  Look for the TEST button on the cutter. It's right there on the control panel. Push the TEST button. What happens?  You started this post in August, Why haven't you contacted Seikitech?  They are the only place that you can get parts. 

10 hours ago, KSnay said:

No it will not even do a test. The settings and everything are correct...it moves if I move it with the button on the cutter but if I do the test from SCAL pro 5 it won't do the test.  And I only have the one connector as shown in the picture. 

Please pay attention to what we are saying. If you want our help, you need to follow instructions, and so far, I am not seeing you are doing so. Does the cutter perform a test using the test button on the cutter keypad -- yes or no?

First of all, when you obtained this SEIKI unit, did the seller ever show you it worked? Let's start with that question.

Secondly, you came into an old thread that was abandoned after one post by Justin83 over a year ago and mentioned you already were using a cutter ( Ecraft craftwell ) that worked fine for you, but you want a larger machine. Since this is a USCUTTER Forum, we cannot really do very much to get you up and running on a malfunctioning/glitching SEIKI model that is not what we use.
If you have paying work you need to accomplish with a larger cutter, I highly suggest you order one from the USC website and drop a few hundred bucks, and go forward with a properly-functioning unit, with VinylMaster software.

Thirdly, we wish you well, and hope to hear back from you, letting us know how you are making out with this troubleshooting.