Paula

Help with software and/or driver for Refine ECO Series Pro-24

I just purchased a used Refine ECO Series Pro-24. I cannot find any software or driver to make this work. I work with Windows 10 laptops and currently have a Graphtec that I use Adobe Illustrator with (Cut Master 4 plugin). I really hope that this Refine will work with Illustrator as well so I don't have to learn how to operate new software but I am willing to try anything at this point.

Was this just a bad idea on my part or does something exist that will make this machine work? Any and all help is appreciated!! Thank you!

I am kinda confused,  You own a top of the line vinyl cutter (Graphtec)  and you purchased a bottom of the barrel vinyl cutter (Refine)  why? They perform night and day, as well as the end results will be also.  Graphtec is a servo, Refine is a stepper with many known problems.   You might be able to use the Signblazer software that is Free.   Or purchase  Vinyl Master.

signblazer might work with it - last updated 8+ years ago but a free download - other than that buy vinylmaster

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I am kinda confused,  You own a top of the line vinyl cutter (Graphtec)  and you purchased a bottom of the barrel vinyl cutter (Refine)  why?   You might be able to use the Signblazer software that is Free.   Or purchase  Vinyl Master.

lol - great minds think alike

on using a refine after having a graphtec that would be about as much fun as putting your hand on a vice and whacking your hand with a hammer :/

• Like 1

Thank you all! I am new to the business. I purchased the Graphtec used and it has worked very well, I just wanted a wider format and the price was right for the Refine. But I will be returning the Refine. Thanks for the input!

You state your new to the business,  Did you know that designs can be broken down and cut, even on a 24"?  You don't state what sizes of cutters that you have.  I have a 30" Graphtec and I would never want a larger size than 30"  Too hard to mask, and requires a wider table to work on.  I just use a 30" w x 8 ft long table and it works fine for all of my needs. 

• Like 2