Marinjo86

Cant update firmware ce5000-60 from 1.3 to higher

Hi i have a problem with updating my firmware from 1.3 to higher i have tried downloading and updating from the official site with the provided version 3.9, but nothing happns. Tha file seams to be sent but my cutter does not respond, the display stays the same on PLEASE SEND PRG. not changing as it is said in the maual it should! 
Any hel?

Best not to update the firmware.  Updating is causing many problems.  Cutter will not even work after the update.   I bought my cutter in 2008, I have never updated it.  Why screw up a machine that is working fine? 

• Like 1

Tried to update my ce5000 once, it failed and I decided if it is working fine, don't mess with it. Works perfect just the way it is.

Just like Skeeter said.

• Like 1

if it ain't broke, don't fix it. i kind of use that as loose mantra when it comes to tech.

• Like 1

Yeah i get that what you r saying, but with this firmware i cant use it on mine Win 10, cuz i have to install Cutting Master 3  ( i used CM2 on win 7 previously  wich did work great, but win 10 doues not support it )...and as i said im stuck and dont know what to do to get it working on win10

if the oldest you can download is 3.9 and you're running 1.3, your firmware\hardware maybe too old to go straight to 3.9.

Is there a revision history for the update that tells you what new abilities the firmware offers? Firmware won't have any effect on the software's ability to run on your PC.

• Like 1

I downloaded 3.9 just to look at it. .  I don't see any revisions to it.   I would not even mess with it.. Just use the CuttingMaster 2, as stated it is for windows 10

You could also use Free Signblazer with your Graphtec. Ce5000

I saw that it could go on win 10, but it didnt work cuz i was trying to go with corel X8 
Now i installed X7 version and all works fine, finally! :) thanks for the image, i didnt see the corel supported version the first time i looked

Probably the firmware is to old to upgrade whit that 3.9 update, but i didn't manage to find any other older update. I wont be trying to fix that firmware issue anymore cuz it works now. Probably will look into a new model next year if i can mange it 

I didnt know for that free Singblazer, i'l keep it in mind if i run in any more problems, thanks ;)

Thanks for helping !

Edited by Marinjo86

My cutter is a 2008 model.  I have never updated the firmware.  It works great as it is.   No reason to even update your cutter. You can get many great years out of it.  Just get an updated software.    I still run my cutter on XP.  Most stable Windows there is.  You don't need a fancy computer with higher Windows.  A lot of us stay back on Windows XP.  Can pick up cheap. 

• Like 1

Yeah i think mine is also near that age, both it from some guy who went out of that buisness. I ran win 7 for years ( and still for is the best OS) , but my old PC kinda died, and had to get a new PC, and whit those new components had to go with win 10 :/
Well that is also an option to get a older cheaper pc or a laptop to use just for the cutting jobs

Most people cutting as a business use a dedicated computer for their business,  Cut and design only on the computer.  I have XP backup computers.  You can still pickup XP computers online. Or even Windows 7.  Just saying you don't need a new fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Most people cutting as a business use a dedicated computer for their business,  Cut and design only on the computer.  I have XP backup computers.  You can still pickup XP computers online. Or even Windows 7.  Just saying you don't need a new fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter. 

I switched my dedicated computer a while back to a HP Elite 8300 USFF and 8200 USFF (one is my shipping computer and backup to the cutting computer)  ultra small form factor computer and put a solid state drive in it - very very low power usage, cost effective solution as mine is left on about 9 months out of the year.  like a laptop in power usage but has more airflow and is silent.  cutting computer is never online and no anti virus needed so it is faster and not likely to get corrupted from a download

• Like 2