Sign in to follow this  
Style

Can I use L3

As a regular plotter, well like a mh721 or just what it's meant for like scan an cut,just thinking might be nice to have the best of both worlds or am I expecting to much.

Yes, you can use the Lp3 as a regular cutter.  It just has the added feature of having the ARMS for contour cutting of printed designs. 

2 hours ago, Style said:

As a regular plotter, well like a mh721 or just what it's meant for like scan an cut,just thinking might be nice to have the best of both worlds or am I expecting to much.

There are some demonstration and training videos out there. It's always a good idea to do as much research as possible before deciding what you want. Just remember that contour cutting involves printing. 

• Thanks 1

I guess the first question to ask you is -- "Do you currently own a cutter/plotter?"

For a beginner, the LP3 is a great option at under $1000.

The ARMS/laserpointer alignment feature is unlikely to be used by most people who own that machine.
(I run the SC2 that has a laserpointer, and it's unneeded, since I produce no printed work requiring it)

I'm wondering if the OP is referring to the craft cutter (maybe the cricut cutter) where the software lets you scan a pic and cut it in one shot? Craft scanner/cutter? Seem to remember something about one of them doing that.