Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyboy

Vinyl master DSR won't read cutter

Have a Roland xp640 -pro4 printer/cutter,was told vinyl master DSR would work as my program IAM paying for DSR and it won't recognize this machine to cut HELP !!!Throwing money away!!

It will read my machine to Print but when sending over to machine an error comes up and it won't go. I have to send the file as a PDF,over to another program so the machine will print even though in DSR settings my machine is listed..

so are you designing in DSR and then exporting the file as a .eps to be imported into versaworks and do the printing and cutting from there?   as far as I know vinylmaster is not a RIP program which is needed for your printer.  if you are new to this your wide format roland is not like using a desktop printer

• Like 1

Did you buy it used? Most new machine purchases come with a RIP so you can print. There are a LOT of things that are not immediately apparent when stepping into the commercial print world. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Did you buy it used? Most new machine purchases come with a RIP so you can print. There are a LOT of things that are not immediately apparent when stepping into the commercial print world. 

but . . .  but it looks like a big printer :D

• Haha 1

Yes I send everything to versaworks dual,I can send a job to print,but when I send something over to just cut when I click on the image after being sent to versaworks instead of opening it just Disappears...

I always worked directly from versaworks so not sure how they integrate together as it appears you are doing . . .  my workflow was to import into versaworks and then print,   take out and laminate - put back in and change versaworks to cut the contour 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this