Bri28

Graphtec Studio Won't Print Anymore

Hi there!

This is my first post and I want to thank you in advance for your help. I have a Graphtec CE LITE-50, since two weeks ago, that I operate from my Mac with the Graphtec Studio software. Everything worked fine until this afternoon, that the software just stopped printing. It gets stuck at 55% processing page and the printer driver shows that the information is being sent (see attached screenshot), the software seems like it is about to crash and I can't do anything. After 5 minutes the window that says "processing page" just shuts down and the printer shows that no work is being sent anymore. I don't know what may be the issue since the file worked fine before. I tried different files and the result is the same, the software is also updated. It's not a printer issue since it would print normally from any other source. I tried resetting the computer and also uninstalling and reinstalling the software again, and nothing seems to work. Does anyone has had this issue before? Any idea of what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Bri

Captura de pantalla 2019-11-21 a les 17.49.31.png

Have you gone into the printing Que and made sure there are not files hanging up there?  Delete them, if there is.  

There's nothing in the queue, I can print normally from any other software, it just seems that there's some kind of communication problem between Graphtec Studio and the printer. And I really have no clue what it could be :unsure:

Can you use Cutting Master? (which ever version) If so, what does it do at printing? I have never used Cutting Master, I use Flexi products.   Not too many Mac people on here,, but there are a few, maybe they will chime in. 

Cutting Master was my first option since I work with Adobe Illustrator, but after two "cut & print" work it stopped recognizing the plotter. I contacted Graphtec support but got no help what could that be, so Cutting Master is not an option. That's why I downloaded the Graphtec Studio and has been working fine until this afternoon, it will still cut normally since I had some already printed files. 

Yeah, it seems that all the troubles we had with the cutting software are related to Mac OS

We have seen problems on here with Mac and Graphtec software. But weren't you given a link to GraphtecProStudio?  Yes, it is for Windows, But that software far exceeds any other Graphtec software.  It is over $1000 software, like FlexisignPro.   Maybe consider using bootcamp on your Mac. Or buy a cheap PC windows.  

So with Windows, you don't have all these issues? I mean, if we buy a Windows can we be sure that we won't have all that much trouble? It just angers me that they sell it as a Mac-friendly plotter and software and then you have to face a lot of trouble and waste time and money to make it work. Thank you for your help and time, I appreciate it :) 

I got a ce-5000 running on windows (pc) using graphtec pro studio and never had a problem.

Also run it with corel draw and cutting master 3 with no problems.

Not saying you will never have problems, but it should be a lot less.

Just did a bunch of print/cut and went smooth as could be.

I have only worked with Windows,   Actually I still cut on Windows XP,  but I do have Windows 7, and I have GraphtecProStudio on Windows 10.   I don't have a printer to print.  I only cut and I never have problems,  I use Flexi products. (Which GraphtecProStudio is)   But like I said.  Try Bootcamp on your Mac.  or a trial version of Parallels. 

https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

It is not just Mac and Graphtec software,  It is Mac and Sure Cuts A Lot software also.   But Mac seems to be the problem.  Many software companies no longer support Mac for their softwares.   Flexi quit Mac on version 8.5  years ago.   Vinyl Master is not for Mac either.  Signblazer never was either. 

Maybe try the trial of Signcut, It is for a Mac. 

The more I use GraphtecProStudio the more I like it. Not even close to graphtec studio, but after the learning curve it does everything I could ask for in cutting, print/cut and designing stuff.

The online help files are very well written when you do need the help to find an answer to learning how to do things.

If you can get the option, do it.

• Like 1

Are your trying to print to your Graphtec? or your Canon PRO-100S?

Are you actually printing (plotting) something, or are you cutting something?

The only time jobs used to get really jammed up was if I happened to have a raster image in the file, or if the file (even in vector format) - was really, really large (in file size).