Ashley G-L

Keep Center Of Letters Doing Stencil

You should state which version of Vinyl Master that you are using.   Each higher version has higher features.   Which vinyl cutter and which materials are you using? 

If you're using vinyl you just use your application tape to put the vinyl on, paint it, then pull the vinyl off. If you're wanting to make a reusable stencil out of say cardboard you need to use a stencil font, or add lines to your fonts to join the centers so they don't fall out when you cut the cardboard.

Keep in mind, these are vinyl cutters, and most are not designed to cut through anything much thicker than vinyl. They also most all require the item being cut be attached to something. For example vinyl is on a backing sheet so that you cut through the vinyl but not the backing sheet. Hobbiest cutters will come with a cutting mat for cutting paper. The paper sticks to the mat and holds in in place so the machine can cut it like it would vinyl.

a) what kind of material are you cutting?

b) do you have pictures of the end product?

c) what font are you using?

I am using the stencil material sold my us cutter; I have to use a certain font .. I know with the silhouette you can do cut lines on font so they keep a thin line in between so the stencil stays together. 

a) stencil material - as in cardboard, card stock, vinyl, etc.?

b) can we see picture of what's happening, or what you're trying to accomplish?

c) what is the 'certain font' that you are trying to use? (then we might be able to tell you if it's stencil friendly by nature, or how to make it stencil friendly for your use)

The first picture is when I put it in the vinyl master .. the 2nd picture is when I do it in the silhouette .. I can cut the letters in half and pull them apart so it leaves space in-between them; so when I put the stencil it keeps the center and when they finish pulling the stencil off after painting then they can fill it in. So I am trying to find is there a way to separate the letters like I have in the past with the silhouette. 

30OP.PNG

All Boats.PNG

Should be able to just make a tall skinny rectangle and subtract it from the letters. Or whatever it is called in your software.

In studio pro (flexi) it is cutout.

In corel draw it is shaping-front minus back.

VM? not a clue, never used it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bikemike said:

image.png.d673aff18e0221e74aeaf60619c029ca.png

image.png.50b1dc142af387f1ec09a1ecbd483698.png

In Signblazer it would be, arrange-weld-punch through. Just make sure you use two colors.

• Like 1

Are they reusing the stencil or is it a one and done? If it's just a one time thing there's no need other than that you have to peal off individual letters.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.