ropie

MH-1351 no longer recognized by computer

So I went to cut some stuff the other day and my cutter is no longer recognized by computer.  Tried different cables (serial and usb) and multiple computers.  Still no go.  I can still do test cuts from the screen and the lcd functions normal.  Am I looking at a bad motherboard or IO port?  

Make sure that your com ports numbers still match in your computer device manager and your cutting software. Do a complete reinstall if you have to. 

I'm leaning away from a software issue.  Prior to the issue I'm having, whenever I plugged the cutter into the computer it would show up in Windows device manager.  Not even getting that far now.  I've tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalled all drivers (for both the cutter and the usb-serial cable) and still not recognized by multiple computers.  So sad.  I loved this cutter and can't afford a new one.

I would not think the serial and the usb would go out at the same time.    I have seen on here many times where people have broken the USB connector on the cutter and was able to connect with Serial or Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter.   But you can order a new board. 

When you connected with the serial cable, did you use a null modem cable, and did you make sure you were on the correct comm port. It'll be different from the comm port used when connected to the USB>

What versions of windows are your running, and what software are you using to cut with?

My LP never showed up in the devices in the control panel, ever.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:53 PM, haumana said:

What versions of windows are your running, and what software are you using to cut with?

My LP never showed up in the devices in the control panel, ever.

Tried both Windows 10 and 7.  It has worked on both computers before.  Used to be recognized by Windows before I even started my software and now nothing.

Recognized as what? As far as I'm aware the MH has never shown up as anything other than a comm port.

12 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Recognized as what? As far as I'm aware the MH has never shown up as anything other than a comm port.

Same here. I have not tried to connect any of my Win10 PCs to the cutters, but the LP only shows up in comm port in Device Manager in Win7. I has never been listed in any way, shape, or form in Printers & Devices.

What software are you using to cut, because you need to make sure that the comm port on the in the software matches the comm port as listed in Device Manager.

Yes, it has always shown up as a comm port in device manager.  Now it's not.  Prior to my issues, it would be recognized by Windows as a comm port even before I opened my software.  I'm starting to really think the motherboard has an issue.  Using the serial connection and some monitoring software, I see that Flexi is sending the information to the cutter however it the cutter is not doing anything.

Which version of Flexi software on which computer operating system.  For Serial to USB, are you using a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter?  Any other cheap Usb to serial cable will not work with a vinyl cutter.  It will have the same cheap Chinese chipset as the MH vinyl cutter has.  Only a Tripp-Lite brand name, is guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter. To be used with the null modem cable that came with your cutter.