Guest Cameron

Shape by angle

Guest Cameron

Im sure there is a way but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to create shapes and use angles to get the shape aligned correctly.  For example i need to make a Rhombus with a 45* and at a size of 17mm high by 150mm long.

Any one have any pointers or ideas how I can do this.

Thanks

Hopefully someone from VM will chime in and provide an answer. Which version of VM are you using?

I also encourage you to become a forum member. It's free, it only takes a few seconds to sign up, and anything you post, will post immediately (vs. waiting for an administrator to approve the post).

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. a Rhombus with a 45 angle at 17mm high will only be 41mm wide.

If you're just wanting a diamond shape that is 17x150 you can start with a square, rotate it 45 degrees then stretch it to 17 x 150.

9 hours ago, darcshadow said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. a Rhombus with a 45 angle at 17mm high will only be 41mm wide.

If you're just wanting a diamond shape that is 17x150 you can start with a square, rotate it 45 degrees then stretch it to 17 x 150.

OMG! I am so math-impaired. Good going!

I can make one the right size based on length and width, but can't seem to figure it out by angle.

>Side menu select "General Power Shapes" > Polygon > then drag one onto your page

>switch to object mode? the single arrow in the upper left of the menu that lets you select an object. > select the polygon

> your upper menu now shows the polygon tools > change "points" to 4

> next to the width and height turn off the padlock, turning off "proportional" > now you can manually stretch the polygon or enter your dimensions in the width and height

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.