kimberella

JII-61 Cutter Plotter

I have Windows 7 and am using LXi Master Plus 10.0.2 software for my Panther/Jaguar plotter.  Computer and software are working great, but when I go to use my plotter it is asking me to "Select a Production Manager"  After I select "on this computer (local)" it then times out.  I am open to any and all suggestions!

Do a quick search for signblazer on this forum.

Go for the latest link.

I don't use sign blazer, but you have to set up your cutter in the settings.

1 hour ago, kimberella said:

I have Windows 7 and am using LXi Master Plus 10.0.2 software for my Panther/Jaguar plotter.  Computer and software are working great, but when I go to use my plotter it is asking me to "Select a Production Manager"  After I select "on this computer (local)" it then times out.  I am open to any and all suggestions!

Did you set your cutter up on the Production manager and follow all of the steps for set up?   Show a screen shot of what you are getting. 

OK folks, I am able to do a 'test cut' via Production Manager!! Yay!!  Here is the issue - when I go to cut text from LXi it is asking me to Select a Production Manager - I chose 'On this computer-local' - it then says, "Connection to Production Manager time out - try again?"  This is where I'm stuck.

31 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

How did you set your cutter up? 

It's been set up for 3 years, now it's just not working when I try to cut from my computer.  I'm using a USB to serial keyspan adaptor.

28 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you set your cutter up on the Production manager and follow all of the steps for set up?   Show a screen shot of what you are getting. 

image.thumb.png.48099096c3984e7d4661d762e0d4d752.png

Not all USB to serial connectors will work with a vinyl cutter.  The only one that is guaranteed to work is the Tripp-Lite Keyspan adapter.  That is the brand name. 

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Not all USB to serial connectors will work with a vinyl cutter.  The only one that is guaranteed to work is the Tripp-Lite Keyspan adapter.  That is the brand name. 

Yep, that is the one I have and have been using.

1 minute ago, kimberella said:

Yep, that is the one I have and have been using.

It's strange because all has been going smooth and now I'm getting those messages (screen shots).

Have you made sure your settings have not changed?   Are you sure that the design is all vector?  Have you cut the design before?  How large is the design?   Have you tried reinstalling the LXI software? 

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Have you made sure your settings have not changed?   Are you sure that the design is all vector?  Have you cut the design before?  How large is the design?   Have you tried reinstalling the LXI software? 

Right now I'm just trying to cut the word 'test'. Here's where it gets weird... I got on to my computer and my LXI application was completely gone from my computer!  I reinstalled with the disk I have.

Just now, kimberella said:

Right now I'm just trying to cut the word 'test'. Here's where it gets weird... I got on to my computer and my LXI application was completely gone from my computer!  I reinstalled with the disk I have.

Do you think I should reinstall the link from the Sign Warehouse site?

When you reinstalled the software, did you go to Production manager and do your set up again?   ADD SET UP  top of Production manager

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

When you reinstalled the software, did you go to Production manager and do your set up again? 

image.thumb.png.8365b9e7302902d5d866d0da4d9318b9.png

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

When you reinstalled the software, did you go to Production manager and do your set up again? 

What about the rest of the questions that I asked about the design?   What does your settings show in the software?